Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: W. Murcott and Tango mandarins export campaign
The Association of Citrus Producers of Peru - PROCITRUS, which accounts for 86% of the country's citrus exports, reported that by week 30 of the current campaign exports of late mandarins, such as the W. Murcott and Tango variety, had increased by around 4% when compared to the same period of 2017. According to official data, the country exported 35,069 tons (1,612 containers) by week 30 of 2017, and 36,463 tons (1,673 containers) in 2018, which represents an increase of 3.98%. These figures refer to the total exports of these 2 varieties.
However, there is an important variation in the distribution of the exports of these Peruvian fruits to the different markets of the world. The main destinations are the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Canada, the Netherlands, and Russia. So far this season (week 30-2018) there has been a 35% increase in the volume of fruit sent to the United States and a 30% increase in the volume sent to China.
Thus, this year Peru has exported 17,797 tons (818 containers) to the United States, while in 2017 the country exported 13,284 tons (606 containers) to that market. Meanwhile, in 2017 Peru exported 4,247 tons (200 containers) to China in 2017, and 5,746 tons (260 containers) this year. The rest of the aforementioned markets have shown a decrease in the volumes exported by Peru. There has been a -19% decrease in shipments of W. Murcott and Tango mandarins to Canada, -25% to the United Kingdom, -59% to the Netherlands, and -40% to Russia in comparison to week 30 of 2017.
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: