Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Ismailia’s agricultural exports in January worth 64.2 million dollars
Dr Engineer Khalil Mubarak, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Agriculture in Ismailia, said on Sunday that the value of the agricultural products shipped by the governorate to Arab and European markets during the month of January amounted to 64.2 million dollars, with the volume totalling 177,303 tonnes.
Dr Engineer Fathi Mahrous, Director General of External Marketing of Ismailia's Agricultural Department, said that the total value of fresh and frozen vegetable exports was $ 1.2 million, with a volume totalling 1,020 tonnes.
Meanwhile, the value of fresh and frozen fruit exports amounted to about 40 million dollars, with the volume reaching 84,810 tonnes, and the value of field crop exports amounted to 22.5 million dollars, with a volume reaching 91,473 tonnes.
The list of frozen vegetables exported included green beans, pickled vegetables, peppers or frozen okra, while that of fruits included frozen strawberries, oranges, mandarins or frozen guava.
Exports were shipped to Arab and EU countries, including Oman, the UK, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, India, China, Romania, Jordan and Iraq.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: