Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru exported 4.73% fewer bananas up until November
According to the Agrodata Peru website, Peruvian banana exports between January and November 2017 amounted to US $133,198,390, i.e. 4.73% less than the US $ 139,804,013 achieved in the same period of 2016.
The website also stated that in the first eleven months of 2017 Peru shipped 181,123,663 tons of bananas, 2.47% less than the 185,695,929 tons it shipped in the same period of the previous year.
The decrease in banana exports registered during January-November is a consequence of the effects of the El Niño Coastal phenomenon in the first months of the year that affected some plantations and brought intense rains that made it impossible to remove the fruit from the farms.
The main destination for the Peruvian bananas is the Netherlands, which in the first eleven months of 2017 had made purchases for US $46,818,000, i.e. 8.8% less than the US $51,334,000 it had purchased in the same period of the previous year. Shipments to the Netherlands represented 35.15% of the total sent by Peru.
Other markets that acquired bananas from Peru in the period analyzed were: the United States, with US $40,144,000, Germany, with US $18,439,000, Belgium, US $7,227,000, South Korea US $6,142,000, and Finland, with US $6,659,000, among others.
The main banana exporting companies in Peru include: Cooperativa Agraria APPBOSA with US $13,247,000, Association of Small Organic Producers of Querecotillo US $10,552,000, ProNatur US $9,983,000, Agribusiness Los Angeles US $8,242,000, and Association of Organic Banana Producers Valle del Chira US $7,858,000, among others.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: