Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru exported 4.73% fewer bananas up until November
According to the Agrodata Peru website, Peruvian banana exports between January and November 2017 amounted to US $133,198,390, i.e. 4.73% less than the US $ 139,804,013 achieved in the same period of 2016.
The website also stated that in the first eleven months of 2017 Peru shipped 181,123,663 tons of bananas, 2.47% less than the 185,695,929 tons it shipped in the same period of the previous year.
The decrease in banana exports registered during January-November is a consequence of the effects of the El Niño Coastal phenomenon in the first months of the year that affected some plantations and brought intense rains that made it impossible to remove the fruit from the farms.
The main destination for the Peruvian bananas is the Netherlands, which in the first eleven months of 2017 had made purchases for US $46,818,000, i.e. 8.8% less than the US $51,334,000 it had purchased in the same period of the previous year. Shipments to the Netherlands represented 35.15% of the total sent by Peru.
Other markets that acquired bananas from Peru in the period analyzed were: the United States, with US $40,144,000, Germany, with US $18,439,000, Belgium, US $7,227,000, South Korea US $6,142,000, and Finland, with US $6,659,000, among others.
The main banana exporting companies in Peru include: Cooperativa Agraria APPBOSA with US $13,247,000, Association of Small Organic Producers of Querecotillo US $10,552,000, ProNatur US $9,983,000, Agribusiness Los Angeles US $8,242,000, and Association of Organic Banana Producers Valle del Chira US $7,858,000, among others.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: