Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hungarian farmgate prices up 7.3% in October
Agricultural producer prices in Hungary were 7.3% higher in October 2017 than in the corresponding month of the previous year. According to a first release of monthly data from the Central Statistical Office (KSH), this was made up of an increase of 8.0% in the prices of crop products and a 6.2% rise in prices of live animals and animal products.
According to a bbj.hu article, prices of fruit rose by 32% year-on-year in October. Within this segment, the price of apples for processing rose an outstanding 174%, and the price of grapes by 3.0%. Vegetable prices rose 10.2%, while the price of potatoes fell 11.3%.
In January–October 2017 agricultural producer prices went up by 4.5% compared to the equivalent period of the previous year. Fruit prices were up 17.0%, while vegetable prices were up by 0.2% in total over the first ten months. The price of tomatoes increased by 5.2%, while that of carrots fell by 11% and onions by 4.0%. Potato prices fell by 9.8%.
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: