Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ontario Produce Marketing Association:
Case study tells how distributors can save $1.2 million, and increase sales
As part of the Ontario Produce Marketing Association’s (OPMA) food waste reduction initiative, Value Chain Management International (VCMI) has been working with four businesses across the value chain (one retailer, one distributor and two producer/packers) to identify ways to reduce waste, improve overall efficiencies and increase sales – resulting in increased margins and profitability.
The fourth and final case study (one for each business) has now been completed.
The fourth case study describes how VCMI worked with a main line distributor to augment their ongoing successful food waste reduction efforts. The project is enabling the distributor to work closely with staff, customers and vendors to establish daily management systems to effectively implement continual improvement plans in produce, other food categories, and potentially their non-food business.
A key finding from the study: utilizing straightforward process improvement tools potentially results in $1.2 million plus in savings, while simultaneously increasing sales.
The four case studies produced for the food waste project all identified measurable opportunities for improvement that exist in the absence of shrink. The individual links to each case study are listed below:
- EarthFresh Foods – producer/packer
- Apple Factory – Retailer
- Gwillimdale Farms – producer/packer
- Main Line Distributor
For more information:
The Ontario Produce Marketing Association
Tel: +1 416 519 9390
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: