Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU pumps €7.2 million into Ghana’s banana export Industry
In order to improve the competitiveness of Ghana’s banana export industry over €7.2 million has been invested into two banana farms by the European Union (EU), My Journal Online has learned.
From a continent perspective, Latin American (excluding Mexico) and Caribbean countries accounted for the highest dollar value worth of banana exports with shipments amounting to $7.1 billion or 60.5% of global banana sales.
Currently, Ghana exports about 65,000 tonnes of bananas; barely 1 percent of the global banana export market. With the gradual cut in tariffs on exports from non-ACP members, Ghana is losing competitiveness.
The project investment is a joint partnership between the European Union and the Ministry of Finance. Under this intervention or Aid scheme by the EU, a total amount of €7,240,000 has been invested in two companies -Golden Exotic Limited and Volta River Estate Limited- with the aim of boosting the competitiveness of two companies.
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: