Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU pumps €7.2 million into Ghana’s banana export Industry
In order to improve the competitiveness of Ghana’s banana export industry over €7.2 million has been invested into two banana farms by the European Union (EU), My Journal Online has learned.
From a continent perspective, Latin American (excluding Mexico) and Caribbean countries accounted for the highest dollar value worth of banana exports with shipments amounting to $7.1 billion or 60.5% of global banana sales.
Currently, Ghana exports about 65,000 tonnes of bananas; barely 1 percent of the global banana export market. With the gradual cut in tariffs on exports from non-ACP members, Ghana is losing competitiveness.
The project investment is a joint partnership between the European Union and the Ministry of Finance. Under this intervention or Aid scheme by the EU, a total amount of €7,240,000 has been invested in two companies -Golden Exotic Limited and Volta River Estate Limited- with the aim of boosting the competitiveness of two companies.
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: