Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: "We can usually demand high prices."
Egypt is very known for its citrus fruits but the country has now also been exporting strawberries around the world. According to Basma Albanna of the Egyptian Export Center, “The strawberry season in Egypt started on the 1st week of November and is expected to last until 2nd week of January. Right now we are producing a big quantity and good quality strawberries. Since our fruits have a different season from other producing countries we can usually demand high prices."
With a unique season, it is no surprise that Egypt does not fear other strawberry exporters such as South Korea. “We usually export in Europe to countries such as the Netherlands and Germany, and in the Far East as well, to Malaysia, Singapore and China. The markets in the Far East are quite similar in terms of price. Usually the only competition we get is from local strawberry producers or from South Korea – where we have an advantage in our superior quality and taste," ended Albanna.
For more information:
Egyptian Export Center
Phone: +2 02 25255885
Fax: +2 048 2590671
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: