Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Ag sector grows 6.27% in Q3, farmer income by 3.68%The agriculture sector grew 6.27 percent in the third quarter this year compared to the same period last year, with farmers’ income rising 3.68 percent from July to September.
Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F. Piñol, citing an official report from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), said the agriculture sector also grew 4.64 percent in the first nine months of the year compared to the same period in 2016.
Photo by Russel Delvo, Special Prize Winner, 1st DA National Photography Contest
Farmers’ incomes for the first nine months likewise rose 4.19 percent compared to the same period last year, the DA Secretary added.
Pinol said that most notable in the sector’s performance in the first three months was the 14.17 percent growth in palay (unmilled rice) production during the third quarter of the year, which contributed to a 7.2 percent growth for the entire crops sub sector for the first nine months of 2017.
Crops accounted for 46.89 percent of total agricultural production in this period, the PSA said in its report.
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: