Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Ag sector grows 6.27% in Q3, farmer income by 3.68%The agriculture sector grew 6.27 percent in the third quarter this year compared to the same period last year, with farmers’ income rising 3.68 percent from July to September.
Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F. Piñol, citing an official report from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), said the agriculture sector also grew 4.64 percent in the first nine months of the year compared to the same period in 2016.
Photo by Russel Delvo, Special Prize Winner, 1st DA National Photography Contest
Farmers’ incomes for the first nine months likewise rose 4.19 percent compared to the same period last year, the DA Secretary added.
Pinol said that most notable in the sector’s performance in the first three months was the 14.17 percent growth in palay (unmilled rice) production during the third quarter of the year, which contributed to a 7.2 percent growth for the entire crops sub sector for the first nine months of 2017.
Crops accounted for 46.89 percent of total agricultural production in this period, the PSA said in its report.
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: