Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru will export 2.6% more grapes this season
According to the latest report of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Peru's grape production will recover in the 2017/2018 season after overcoming the effects of the coastal El Niño this year.
According to the report, Peru produced 605 thousand tons of grapes in the 2016/2017 campaign, nearly 10% less than the 672 thousand tons it produced in the 2015/2016 campaign.
The USDA also estimated that Peru would produce 638 thousand tons of grapes in the current campaign (2017/2018), i.e. 5.45% more than it produced in the previous one (2016/2017).
Exports will grow by 26.6%
In addition, the USDA stated that Peru would export 380 thousand tons of grapes in the current campaign, 26.6% more than the 300 thousand tons it exported in the 2016/2017 campaign.
Finally, the USDA stated that prices were expected to increase in November and fall in December.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: