Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru will export 2.6% more grapes this season
According to the latest report of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Peru's grape production will recover in the 2017/2018 season after overcoming the effects of the coastal El Niño this year.
According to the report, Peru produced 605 thousand tons of grapes in the 2016/2017 campaign, nearly 10% less than the 672 thousand tons it produced in the 2015/2016 campaign.
The USDA also estimated that Peru would produce 638 thousand tons of grapes in the current campaign (2017/2018), i.e. 5.45% more than it produced in the previous one (2016/2017).
Exports will grow by 26.6%
In addition, the USDA stated that Peru would export 380 thousand tons of grapes in the current campaign, 26.6% more than the 300 thousand tons it exported in the 2016/2017 campaign.
Finally, the USDA stated that prices were expected to increase in November and fall in December.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: