Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Algerian date production hits 1.1 million tonnes
Date production in Algeria reached 1.1 million tons this year, according to information by the CEO of the Algerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CACI), Wahiba Bahloul.
The volume is near twice as large than the one registered five years ago, of little more than 600,000 tons in 2012. Exports, however, account to only 3% of the total produced, according to a feature published this week by news agency Algérie Presse Service (APS).
Algeria is the world’s fourth largest date producer and accounts for 14% of the total produced globally. Last year, exports of the fruit generated USD 37 million to the country, an amount considered negligible against the presumed potential, according to Bahloul.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: