Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Wael Soliman - Horizon Farms
"Doing business in China isn’t as difficult as most people might think."
As the Chinese economy grows, so will its appetite for imported fruits. In the last five years China has been importing grapes, oranges, citrus and pomegranates from around the world. Probably in the next few years, we’ll see other fruits entering their market.
“The business of exporting oranges to China has been steadily growing for the past few years, because of the country’s insatiable desire for Egyptian fruits. Our company was one of the pioneers in exporting oranges to China, but now we see other companies trying to make a foothold in the country. We’ve been there for the past 4 years, specifically in cities, such as Shanghai and Qingdao. Other cities are actually taking notice of our products, which is why we see ourselves expanding soon,” says Export Manager Wael Soliman of Horizon Farms.
Soliman added, “Doing business in China isn’t as difficult as most people might think. A company entering China must know what the Chinese market wants. Right now the trend is that Chinese importers want premium oranges, but we’ve also seen an increase in the demand of class 2 oranges for the more price sensitive market. For ease of business it is also important that the importer understands the quality of Egyptian fruits.”
Strong business ties between China and Egypt will continue to flourish. More and more varieties of imported fruits will enter China in the coming years.
For more information:
Horizon Farms (Egypt)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: