Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam cashew exports grow 25% to $2.2B
Vietnam's cashew nut exports in the first eight months of this year rose 24.9 percent year-on-year to 2.2 billion U.S. dollars, according to the Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on Monday.
Specifically, Vietnam exported 223,000 tons of cashew nuts, down 1.1 percent, but with the product's average price surging over the same period last year as well as over the whole 2016.
In August alone, about 35,000 tons of cashew nuts worth 351 million U.S. dollars were shipped abroad, reported the ministry.
The United States, the Netherlands and China continued to be the largest importers of Vietnamese cashew nuts, which consumed 36.7 percent, 15.6 percent and 11.7 percent of the country's total export volume, respectively.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: