Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey hazelnut exports reach $1.88B
Turkey earned around $1.88 billion by exporting more than 235,000 tons of hazelnuts in the last 12 months, the hazelnut exporters’ association said on Sept. 5.
The 2016-2017 hazelnut export season ended as of Aug. 31, President of Black Sea Hazelnut and Products Exporters’ Association (KFMIB) Edip Sevinç told Anadolu Agency.
The volume of the export decreased by 5.6 percent and the value dropped by 17.4 percent from September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017 compared to the previous season, he added.
Sevinç said most of the hazelnut exports were made to the EU countries as it was in the previous years. Turkey is the world’s largest exporter of hazelnut.
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: