Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
More space for fresh produce
Green light for Aldi Nord's EUR 5.2 billion investmentAldi Nord's shareholders have given the go-ahead for the company to invest EUR 5.2 billion in the coming year. This is to modernise all its branches. In Germany alone, all 2 300 of Aldi Nord's branches are going to be transformed to adhere to the ANIKo framework. The shops must be made brighter and more customer friendly. This will include more space for fresh produce.
The first new Aldi branch was opened in Herte, Germany in April as a prototype. In the autumn, work will begin to transform 30 branches per week. In addition to the branches in Germany, those in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland are also going to be upgraded.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: