Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Improved fruit and veg prices increase UK farm income by 3.3%Figures released from UK farming ministry Defra reveal UK farmers’ income increased by 3.3% last year, with the sector’s contribution to the UK economy down slightly to £8.548billion.
Provisional figures from the UK Government’s food and farming department suggest Total Income From Farming (Tiff) in real terms rose by £59million, or 1.5%, to £3.963billion. Average individual incomes in real terms were also up 2.2% to £20,657.
In a report, Defra said: “The key contributors to the change were the increases in fruit, vegetables and plants by £546million, direct payments by £309million, potatoes by £171million, combined with reduction in fertiliser costs by £250million and animal feed costs by £157million. In contrast these were offset by a decrease in wheat of £437million, milk of £401million and oilseed rape of £170million.”
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: