Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzania horticulture exports increase by 6.3%The BoT report shows a mixed trend in exports of traditional crops during the year ending March 217. The value of traditional exports increased by $119.2 million to $872.8 million in the year ending March 2017, thanks largely to a splendid performance of cashew nut exports. Horticulture products also increased by 6.3% lifting exports to $25.2 million.
The value of manufactured goods exports dropped by a cool 37.5 per cent to $879.7 million during the year ending March 2017 from $1.408 billion during the year ending March 2016, the Bank of Tanzania (BoT) reports in its latest Monthly Economic Review (MER). This is the lowest level to have been attained in a period of six years since manufactured exports crossed the $1 billion mark in the 2010 calendar year.
The value of non-traditional exports was $3,950.4 million in the year ending March 2017, lower compared with $ 4,380.2 million in the year ending March 2016.
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: