Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzania horticulture exports increase by 6.3%The BoT report shows a mixed trend in exports of traditional crops during the year ending March 217. The value of traditional exports increased by $119.2 million to $872.8 million in the year ending March 2017, thanks largely to a splendid performance of cashew nut exports. Horticulture products also increased by 6.3% lifting exports to $25.2 million.
The value of manufactured goods exports dropped by a cool 37.5 per cent to $879.7 million during the year ending March 2017 from $1.408 billion during the year ending March 2016, the Bank of Tanzania (BoT) reports in its latest Monthly Economic Review (MER). This is the lowest level to have been attained in a period of six years since manufactured exports crossed the $1 billion mark in the 2010 calendar year.
The value of non-traditional exports was $3,950.4 million in the year ending March 2017, lower compared with $ 4,380.2 million in the year ending March 2016.
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: