Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzania horticulture exports increase by 6.3%The BoT report shows a mixed trend in exports of traditional crops during the year ending March 217. The value of traditional exports increased by $119.2 million to $872.8 million in the year ending March 2017, thanks largely to a splendid performance of cashew nut exports. Horticulture products also increased by 6.3% lifting exports to $25.2 million.
The value of manufactured goods exports dropped by a cool 37.5 per cent to $879.7 million during the year ending March 2017 from $1.408 billion during the year ending March 2016, the Bank of Tanzania (BoT) reports in its latest Monthly Economic Review (MER). This is the lowest level to have been attained in a period of six years since manufactured exports crossed the $1 billion mark in the 2010 calendar year.
The value of non-traditional exports was $3,950.4 million in the year ending March 2017, lower compared with $ 4,380.2 million in the year ending March 2016.
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: