Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya's agriculture sector drops by 1.5%
Kenya's agriculture which accounts for 32.6 per cent of the country’s economy suffered bad weather to post a decline from the 2015 figure of 5.5 per cent to 4 per cent.
The sector, which is worth Sh2.3 trillion was depressed despite growths recorded in the production of coffee and tea, which are some of the country’s top exports.
Maize production declined from 42.5 million bags in 2015 to 37.1 million bags in 2016, explaining the current biting shortage that has seen the price of maize flour shoot to a high of Sh150 for 2kg packet.
Despite the decline of the agriculture sector Kenya's overall economic growth grew to 5.8% thanks to smaller sectors including information technology, real estate and others.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: