Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya's agriculture sector drops by 1.5%
Kenya's agriculture which accounts for 32.6 per cent of the country’s economy suffered bad weather to post a decline from the 2015 figure of 5.5 per cent to 4 per cent.
The sector, which is worth Sh2.3 trillion was depressed despite growths recorded in the production of coffee and tea, which are some of the country’s top exports.
Maize production declined from 42.5 million bags in 2015 to 37.1 million bags in 2016, explaining the current biting shortage that has seen the price of maize flour shoot to a high of Sh150 for 2kg packet.
Despite the decline of the agriculture sector Kenya's overall economic growth grew to 5.8% thanks to smaller sectors including information technology, real estate and others.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: