Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Projections point at 69.7m boxes of mangoes for Mexico this season
The Mexican mango projections have been updated through week 40 with approximately 69.7 million boxes for the season. The Mexican crop is transitioning from the southern states of Chiapas and Oaxaca, to Michoacán.
The next major region to start shipping mangoes is Nayarit which will begin with Honey mangoes and then transition into Tommy Atkins. The peak of the Mexican season is projected to occur during June and July with volumes of over 3 million boxes each week.
The Guatemalan season will run through May with a projection of approximately 5.2 million boxes. Guatemala’s main varieties are Tommy Atkins, followed by Honey mangoes.
Nicaragua ended their season earlier than projected with a volume of 1.1 million boxes.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: