Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- “Increased availability will boost US lemon consumption”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Honduras makes 37.2% more from banana exports
The revenue generated from Honduran banana exports in January 2017 was 37.2% higher than that of the same month in 2016, totalling 46.5 million dollars, as reported by official sources.
The value of banana sales increased by 12.5 million dollars (+37.2%), compared to the 33.9 million dollars exported in January 2016, according to a report from the Central Bank of Honduras (BCH).
During that month, the Central American country shipped 3.19 million 18 kilo boxes of bananas abroad, which is 48.3% over the 2.15 million boxes sold in January last year.
The Central Bank pointed out that this increase is the result of the application of "better planting, fertilization, cutting and pest control techniques," although it has been offset by the 7.5% reduction of prices.
The price of the banana box reached an average of $ 14.55, while in the same month of 2016 it stood at $ 15.72, according to the Central Bank.
The United States and Ireland were the main destinations for Honduran banana exports, although the BCH did not specify the volumes that those markets bought.
Throughout 2016, the value of banana exports, one of the main agricultural products of Honduras, totalled 456 million dollars, according to official figures.
Publication date: 4/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: