Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Portugal surpasses Spain and becomes the fourth biggest processed tomato exporter.In 2012 Portugal became the fourth biggest processed tomato exporter, surpassing Spain and Italy within European border trade, according to the Tomato Manufacturer's Association (AIT).
Portugal exports 95% of their production and, last year, processed 1.2 million tons of tomatoes, which corresponds to a business volume that exceeded 250 million Euros.
Italy is the leading European processed tomato exporter, followed by Portugal, with almost 20% of the total exports.
Domestic production is intended primarily for Europe, where the UK is the largest market, followed by Spain, Holland and Germany.
Outside European borders, Japan is the biggest customer, accounting for about 10% of total exports.
Other major importers include Kuwait, Russia and Australia, with about 7,500 imported tons each.
Portugal produces tomato paste and other products such as sauces and ketchup.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: