- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
Pure Flavor Farms is a premier grower of high quality greenhouse-grown products to retail and foodservice partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor brand.
With growing locations across Canada, USA, and Mexico, we are growing with the world’s finest. Pure Flavors’® products reach the masses with distribution centers in Leamington, Ontario; Romulus, Michigan; San Antonio, Texas; and Byron, Georgia.
Pure Flavor® is committed to supporting healthier lifestyles by providing greenhouse-grown vegetables that meet our exceptional quality standards. From our flavor-packed fresh vegetables to our innovative operations throughout North America, we are industry leaders with a very bright future.
Our company culture is built on the expertise and experience of our 500+ team members. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
We are looking for a Labour Manager to join our expanding greenhouse in Leamington, ON, Canada by August 1, 2020.
The Labour Manager supervises and co-ordinates all activities of workers in the greenhouse.
- Supervises and trains workers ensuring that crop work tasks are done correctly and are performed at a rate meeting minimum productivity and quality standards
- Works directly with the Packhouse Manager to ensure an efficient operation workflow
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel
- Monitors the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene, and health & safety policies and procedures are complied with
- Ensures that food safety and quality problems are reported by workers to personnel with authority
- Ensures that all workers adhere to GMPS, SOP’s and policies & procedures
- Performs corrective actions with the assistance of Human Resources, if required, to achieve work targets and adherence to all company rules
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- High school diploma; post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience as a labour supervisor in a greenhouse environment
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety is required; HACCP and the PrimusGFS program experience are assets
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Spanish speaking is preferred
- Must be an influential leader with a collaborative management style and ability to motivate others, fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Must possess the drive and energy to fit into a fast-paced, high-growth culture with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and meet deadlines
- MS Office computer skills; familiarity with PRIVA software is an asset
- Work environment with conditions typically found in greenhouse setting with high humidity and varying temperatures
- On-call and hours including regular Saturdays
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees
- Exerting from 15 – 50 lbs. of force occasionally, 20 lbs. of force frequently and 10 lbs. of force constantly in order to lift and move product
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required
- Specific vision capabilities required; employee will work in front of a computer occasionally
- Direct reporting to the GM/Head Grower
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Position must be filled by August 1, 2020
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to Pure Flavor Farms today!
To Apply: email@example.com
Check us out at www.pure-flavor.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.