- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
- Digital Advisor - Geeste, Germany
- Tax Specialist Hungary
- Head Grower - Providence (Rhode Island) USA
- Nursery Manager - Roydon (Essex) UK
- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
Top 5 -last week
- Harvesting commences at one of Zimbabwe’s bigger blueberry projects
- "Thanks to what I learned in Chile, I was able to introduce blueberries to Peru"
- GO Real-Time Trackers used to protect avocados from theft
- “Our lemon volumes are expected to increase 40 percent this year”
- Covid-19: 'terrible timing' for South African citrus industry
Top 5 -last month
- Harvesting commences at one of Zimbabwe’s bigger blueberry projects
- “Blueberry consumption needs to increase at a higher rate”
- “Kiwifruit, citrus and apples have become the most demanded products in India”
- Spain: Massive hail storm could have huge impact on European stone fruit season
- Passion fruit: side-line becomes serious
Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
Location: Morehead, KY
AppHarvest is building large-scale, high-tech indoor farms throughout Appalachia with a goal to make the region the AgTech capital of America. Our cutting-edge sustainable technology includes circular irrigation systems that reduce water usage by 90% (and use only recycled rainwater at that), as well as completely eliminating agricultural runoff. Natural sunlight is augmented by a first-of-its-kind hybrid lighting system that uses LEDs 40% more efficient than typical lighting, as well as heat-emitting lighting designed to reduce natural gas usage in cooler months.
Beyond our large-scale indoor farms, we operate an educational container farm program to help grow our growers. Before starting operations, we invested $150,000 to build out the program.
By doing it all from within Appalachia, we are helping to build a resilient economy in a region that has long powered America. Our mission has garnered attention the world over with coverage by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, 60 Minutes, Forbes and CNBC. In less than 18 months, we have raised more than $125 million to support our efforts.
About the Role:
As a Grower, you will assist with the management of growing operations for AppHarvest’s 60-acre hydroponic controlled-environment agriculture facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in all aspects of the production process, including integrated pest management, climate management, crop maintenance, and labor planning and scheduling.
- Assist in managing greenhouse climate control systems.
- Assist in crop inspections to maintain quality standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of growing techniques and technologies.
- Monitor the working environment to ensure compliance with company and statutory hygiene, health and safety standards, as well as policies and procedures.
- Report food safety and quality problems to authorized personnel.
- Ensure all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), and policies are followed.
- Climate management, including daily and weekly plans/actions.
- Determine and monitor climate control system settings using Priva software for heating, venting, watering, and lighting.
- Oversee crop nutrition, including weekly and longer-term nutrition strategies for all stages of the crop cycle.
- Direct pest and disease management, including recommending and implementing weekly and long-term control strategies, incorporating integrated pest management (IPM).
- Manage water resources, including daily and weekly plans/actions, as well as operational troubleshooting of water systems and equipment.
- Monitor labor management and performance in conjunction with Growers and Supervisors.
- Lead and participate in projects to improve quality, safety, performance, and yield.
- Ensure adherence to safety, quality, and hygiene key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as policies and procedures.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field or between two and five years of controlled environment agriculture industry work experience.
- Experience with fertilizers, chemicals, and water, including calculation of amounts, proportions, percentages, and volume for application.
- Knowledge of major plant groups and their culture and growth traits.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), health and safety, food safety, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and the PrimusGFS program.
- Identification of plant diseases and the existence of insects.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to train team members and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Priva software preferred.
Our Core Values:
- Faith and Grit. You embrace challenges with courage and resolve. Your strength of character and work ethic define you.
- Passion and Dedication to Sustainability. You constantly strive for excellence as you drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and seek to improve lives in the community.
- Proactive and Entrepreneurial Mindset. You embody a “we can figure it out” mentality and challenge any notion that “this can’t be done.” You’re not afraid to tackle big problems through rapid experimentation to create long-term impact.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. You operate openly and honestly, taking full responsibility for your actions.
- Collaborative and Inspiring Leadership. You seek opportunities to strengthen team culture and work more effectively. You constantly challenge and inspire your fellow team members.
- Hours are determined by the needs of a controlled environment agriculture system.
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures (50oF to 99oF) and background noise approaching 70 decibels.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills and operate equipment.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
- Exerting force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly as part of lifting and moving product and equipment.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders.
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- People-oriented culture
Apply Here: https://www.appharvest.com/letsgrow
AppHarvest Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.