- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Chinese imports of Australian tangerines got off to a difficult start this year"
- New Zealand’s newest apple variety is popular among Chinese consumers
- Optimistic outlook for Oregon blueberry season
- Lemonade apples from New Zealand making their way into North America
- Update on California and Mexico grape crops
Top 5 -last week
- Anyone for a stoneless avocado?
- Critical juncture for lemons & grapefruit as soft citrus flies off the shelves
- "Large avocado volumes expected this summer"
- “The temperature contrasts in the mountains help make our blueberries unique”
- Amondel Pakkers revel in their new bespoke high-speed avocado packline
Top 5 -last month
Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
Position: Lead of Irrigation
Location: Warren, MI Grow Facility
Reports to: Supervisor of Irrigation
This position is responsible for leading the Irrigation department team members with effective communication and direction to achieve the weekly objective at a highly productive and efficient pace. This role is responsible for leading, guiding, and training the Irrigation department team members surrounding the daily watering schedules to maintain consistent plant health and product quality. The Lead of Irrigation role must lead and participate in their job with professionalism and safety, consistently. The Lead of Irrigation will report to the Supervisor of Irrigation. This role will support the Supervisor of Irrigation to direct other Irrigation department members to achieve objectives effectively.
Leadership Procedures & Tasks
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members to ensure daily work, productivity, and quality goals are met. Conduct employee evaluations, coachings, and other documentation as necessary to maintain consistent and successful results.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication with team members to increase team unity and operative flow.
- Bring any and all safety, security, and plant health concerns forward through the proper channels including and not limited to the Supervisor of Irrigation, Manager of Production, Safety leadership, Compliance leadership, Security leadership, and/or General Manager of Operations.
- Supporting and leading the fertigation and irrigation of the cultivation to maintain health and continued healthy growth of plants. This role will be prepared to operate the Argus system, support the diagnosis and troubleshoot of watering issues to resolve, and maintain and support the Fertigation, Irrigation, and Water areas of the facility.
- Supporting the Supervisor of Irrigation to guide and train Irrigation department members surrounding the daily watering schedules to maintain consistent plant health and product quality.
- Responsible for prioritization, completion, and documentation of all tasks performed by the Production farmers as instructed by the Supervisor of Irrigation.
- Must keep supervision of Technicians to ensure all work is being done properly and efficiently, in accordance with our SOPs.
- Facilitating the work of the Irrigation department employees, by providing answers to questions, as well as providing them with the tools and resources they need to perform their tasks.
- Maintain thorough, consistent, and professional communication with other Production sub-departments as necessary to achieve company objectives.
- Support the Supervisor of Irrigation with training, coaching, supervision, and disciplining appropriately within the department. Be prepared to communicate, document, and report towards employees’ performance, behavior, and attendance.
- Clear understanding of workflow throughout the cultivation areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas, equipment, and material throughout the cultivation.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work, such as, harvesting, trimming, packaging, cleaning and light maintenance as needed throughout the facility.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Supporting the Supervisor of Irrigation to guide and train department members to maintain proper organization of the cultivation.
- Monitor and report any noticeable environmental or plant health concerns to the Supervisor of Irrigation and/or Manager of Production.
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of immediate work area.
- Contribute to instructed cleaning, sanitizing, and organization in the cultivation.
- Participate and support leadership with efficient productivity and teamwork when resetting a cultivation space for reload.
- Contribute and support to associates with a safe, well maintained, and organized work area.
- After use of equipment or supply, follow through with cleaning and organizing SOPs.
Compliance and Reporting
- Follow all instructed state and federal compliance regulations.
- Supporting the organizing and securing of all METRC tags.
- Report any improper action of compliance regulations.
- Following instructed procedures will maintain compliance and safety. Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be reported to the leadership of the department.
- Reporting data input as instructed for METRC plant tags.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Irrigation.
- This person will be asked to direct, guide, train, supervise and discipline members of the Irrigation department.
- his position is expected to perform duties at a highly productive and efficient pace, consistently.
- o apply for a new position, employees must have served within this position for at least six months before submitting the Grow Transfer Request form to direct supervisor (unless otherwise approved by the Manager of department).
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Working in warmer, agricultural conditions, wearing cover-all uniforms for protective layering.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts. Prepared for over 40+ hour work weeks within this position, regularly.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
- At least six months experience in the Production department to apply. Must be in good standing for the last three months at least to apply.
- Two years of work experience in a related industry or work environment.
- Previous leadership experience in a related industry or work environment preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meet productivity and performance requirements.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication capability.
- Knowledge and background in cannabis cultivation required.
Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Marijuana Regulatory Agency Enforcement Division.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Leadership, Coaching, and Training
- Respectful and Effective Communication
- Data Entry and Computer Usage Proficient
- Time Management, Planning, and Organizational Skills
- Dedicated and Productive Work Ethic
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Quality, Compliant, and Safe Results
- Willing to give and take Direction
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To Apply: email@example.com