- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Senior Glasshouse Grower - Warragul, Australia
SENIOR GLASSHOUSE GROWER
- Are you an experienced Grower?
- Do you want to work for a family owned business with modern innovation?
- Do you want to be a part of an expanding industry within a reputable organisation?
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 30 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
We have available an exciting position for a passionate individual to join our Technical Growing team. In this highly technical role, you will find yourself thriving under new challenges where no two days are the same. Reporting directly to the Head Grower the Senior Grower is responsible for the development, management and implementation of the growing strategies in order to achieve budgeted production levels.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Climate, irrigation, fertiliser, alarm set points and IPM management
- Planning weekly work orders and implementation of crop work management
- Evaluate crop registration
- Develop and manage the routine maintenance schedule
- Participate in the on-call roster and be accountable for responding to all emergencies
- Forecast weekly production
- Management of teams including recruitment, training and performance management.
- Develop and manage labour and production budget
The successful candidate will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent practical experience
- High attention to detail and sound judgement
- Consultative communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work a varied roster that includes weekends
The successful applicant will have Climate Software Experience, Intermediate Computer Skills and sound math skills. Experience in employee managing staff, Priva and Hortimax software, as well as growing in a glasshouse environment will be desirable.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at: www.flavoritetomatoes.com.au/careers
Applications close: COB, Wednesday 25 March 2020