- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- How long will Europeans still be enjoying melons from Costa Rica?
- Re-brand, red kiwifruit and coming season
- Reefer containers stranded in China, shortages in the Netherlands
- Suspension of fresh cucurbit trade from Queensland to New Zealand
- Pear industry dismayed by coronavirus setback to Chinese plans
Top 5 -last week
- Coronavirus creates demand for New Zealand organic apples
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
- Chinese exports and imports feel the impact of coronavirus
- Avocado's water consumption is proportional to its nutritional value
- Saturated citrus market causes falling prices in US
Top 5 -last month
Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
Kekkilä-BVB is a leading European growing media company. Products and services are aimed at professional growers, home gardeners, landscapers and horticultural raw material customers. Our product brands are Kekkilä Professional, BVB Substrates, Kekkilä Garden, Hasselfors Garden and Florentus. We base our business on customer and market understanding. Our customers’ needs are met with vast and versatile production and supply, unique R&D know-how and a global network of distributors and retailers. Kekkilä-BVB has 250-million-euro turnover. We employ over 500 people in Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Estonia and Spain. Products are delivered to 100+ countries. Our focus is on creating means for sustainable everyday living around the world in the field of horticulture. Together with our customers we grow for better tomorrow.
We are currently looking for:
PRODUCT MANAGER, HORTICULTURE
(De Lier, the Netherlands)
As Product Manager (based in de Lier, The Netherlands), you are responsible for product portfolio of BVB Substrates brand in business line horticulture, globally. You ensure that customer needs and market opportunities are identified and lead the related product development projects.
- Understand the market and the industry by following and analysing market data, trends, growing strategy and technology developments.
- Identify market gaps and opportunities based on customer insight.
- Develop and test new, innovative product concepts in the market as the industry forerunner.
- Lead the development projects and co-create so all parties in the chain are involved, informed and supported. Develop and verify business cases.
- Improve and ensure future product portfolio competitiveness and proﬁtability.
- Increase turnover and proﬁtability by optimizing and updating existing products; support pricing and sales strategy; work closely with operations, supply chain and finance.
- Provide marketing, sales and operations product information and material. Strengthen actively the cooperation between countries and functions.
- Make recipes and technical speciﬁcations. Set and follow the quality requirements.
- Work closely with growers, provide technical support and give new insights to growers and to sales
- Improve product quality by creating innovative solutions and fine tuning related processes
Main skills needed in the position:
- Minimum of Master’s degree (horticultural)
- Passion for professional horticulture, deep understanding of growing in different climate zones and practicalities of growing in different countries
- Product management knowledge in the field of professional horticulture: properties, quality requirements, raw materials and additives
- Project management skills
- Fluent English language skills
- Strategic thinking, facilitation and presentation skills
- Change management skills
- Flexibility towards changes
- Development-minded with hands-on attitude
- Ability to collaborate with teams of cross-functional specialists
- This position requires travelling.
Our values are: Focus on customer success, Achieving together, Courage to renew and Trust through respect. If these resonate with you and you recognize yourself from the qualities described, please apply now by February 14, 2020.
For more information about this position, please contact Hugo Buitelaar +31(6)147 97 000. Please send your motivation and CV by email to email@example.com.More information about our organization on https://www.kekkila-bvb.com/