- Sales Manager International
- Senior Glasshouse Grower - Warragul, Australia
- Country Manager - Morocco
- China Sales Representative
- Asia Sales Representative
- Category Supply Manager - Sydney or Brisbane (Australia)
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
- Coronavirus no direct threat for Fruit Logistica Berlin
- Chinese exports and imports feel the impact of coronavirus
- "Congestion in reefer containers will remain on the world market for months to come"
- Banzzai citrus fruit breaks into the markets
Nursery Manager - Guyra (NSW) Australia
Costa Tomato Category (Guyra, NSW)
An opportunity is available for an experienced Nursery Manager to join the Costa Tomato business in Guyra, NSW.
Our current facility consists of a 0.4ha active glasshouse with ebb and flood tables, producing 750,000 grafted seedlings per annum. The primary responsibility of the Nursery Manager role is managing the Nursery team to ensure we grow and deliver the best quality seedlings, within specification, budget, in full and on time. In addition, the Nursery Manager will investigate and implement new strategies and infrastructure to improve propagation capacity and quality.
It's an exciting time to join the team as we prepare to expand our onsite Nursery footprint. Our new state of the art 2.5ha nursery facility is under construction and once complete will enable propagation of 1.5 million seedlings per year to support our internal production and external growing partners. In conjunction with the Technical Manager, the Nursery Manager will be responsible for commissioning the new facility, developing new procedures and building the skills and knowledge within our team to ensure the success of the expansion project.
The successful candidate will posses:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Agriculture or Science Degree – Horticulture/Hydroponics).
- Proven technical and agronomic skills in Nursery operations and propagation of grafted tomato seedlings or equivalent (Min 5 years).
- Experience leading a team and successfully achieving speed and quality targets.
- Understanding of key business and cost drivers as they relate to a propagation nursery.
- Good knowledge of quality systems including hygiene and food safety.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to Nursery operations.
- Negotiation and influencing skills with internal & external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organisational skills to ensure effective coordination of all tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, specifically in the use of Microsoft Office (MS Excel) essential.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and across all levels of an organisation.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, a 12 month $67 million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
We currently grow 9 varieties of tomatoes including large truss, cocktail truss and small snacking.
To apply, please submit application https://costagroup.currentjobs.co
Hard copies will not be accepted.
A position description is available on the website, however for further information please contact
Paul Butterworth (Technical Manager)
m: 0434 072 126