- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
- Final hurdle removed for bananas in fresh-cut industry
- "Hydroponics help us guarantee constant soft fruit supply"
- Anti-microbial tech for extending shelf-life gets USDA grant
- "We're able to finance growers and buyers on our trade platform"
- Namibia will expropriate white-owned farms with ‘fair compensation’
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
Sakata Vegetables Europe is a subsidiary of Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan) and is responsible for the development and expansion of the group’s activities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We operate from the creation of new varieties of vegetables through to marketing their seeds. In application of our core values: Quality, Reliability and Service, we aim to create a confidence-based relationship with our clients.
The Pathology Laboratory represents an essential element for the creation and development of selection programs for different vegetable species.
Laboratory Project Manager M/F
Permanent contract – Full time
In this role you will support the EMEA team in the development of vegetables breeding programs by carrying out technical and operational tasks in relation to plant pathology, molecular biology and cellular biology activities in Almeria. This includes:
- Plan and perform disease resistance screening by greenhouse or field inoculation of vegetable plants with pathogens
- Perform diagnostic work to identify and eliminate risks associated with pests and plant pathogens
- Perform disease scouting on site to identify and eliminate risks associated with pests and plant pathogens
- Maintain culture collection; healthy insect colonies and nematodes to be used for pathology trials
- Perform sampling of leaf tissue for molecular biology purposes
- Support cellular biology activities
- Interact with stakeholders to support the EMEA breeding programs
- Analyze, interpret and report results to relevant employees
- Participate with the Quality System Manger compile quality system documents related to phytosanitary risk management
This position requires laboratory and field work (greenhouses and tunnels) as well as occasional business travels.
You will work principally with teams from Research (Selection, Agricultural Operations, Cellular and Molecular Biology) and your manager will be based in South Africa.
We are looking for candidates with a Master level qualification in life science (plant biology / plant pathology / plant genetics) or related discipline with preferable 2-5 years’ work experience. An experience on Entomology will be a plus.
You work on a methodical basis and have a strong sense of detail. You are able to call your results into question. You learn quickly and will be able to work on an autonomous basis in the short term while demonstrating a strong capacity of collaborating efficiently within the team and with other departments. You have excellent planning and organization skills, are flexible and can easily adapt in a dynamic environment with occasionally fast changing priorities.
You are fluent in English (reading, understanding and writing) and familiar with MS Office.
This full-time position in Almeria (Spain) is available from now.
If this position matches with your career project, please send us your application (Letter of motivation and CV),
before 6th of December 2019, by email at the following address: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.