- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
Company: Global fruit and vegetable company
Our client is a global fruit and vegetable company with around 2,800 employees, producing fruit and vegetables on three continents on the company’s own farms. With a range of about 90 fruit and vegetable products, our clients’ brand has the broadest assortment in the retail trade.
Since 2008, in the South of Tunisia, in the oasis La Cinquième Saison, in the region of Gabés/ El Hamma, our client produces various varieties of tomatoes in 42 Ha. greenhouses. The farm is medium high-tech and broadly certified and receives its heat supply from geothermal hot water sources which also gives the tomatoes its unique taste.
As replacement due to a promotion at this farm, we are in search of a Farm Manager Tomato greenhouse nursery, Tunisia
You are overall responsible for the greenhouse tomato production, the farms’ financial and physical results and continuity in the realization of annual/seasonal objectives in terms of quality and quantity produced. In this role you are responsible for the execution of the daily operation and the realization of short and long term business plans defined in concert with central management. You will be expected to apply a continuous drive for improvement of the farm’s performance, in terms of productivity and quality preferably through application of technology. You report to the Country Operations Director.
The key responsibilities
- Overall, daily farm management
- Farm processes run in a safe, reliable and efficient manner; according ruling licenses (GAP, IPM etc.)
- Objectives in terms of quality & quantity of production are managed and realized
- Processes and KRA’s are managed by KPI’s which are set, measured and serve as bases of management
- Budgets are adhered to and met (KPI Security, Quality, Cost, Time, HR)
- Ruling overall company goals and objectives are being understood and achieved
- Production schedules are planned & organized with production-, agronomics- and packing management
- Project- and resource requirements are structurally/ periodically assessed and updated
- Budgets and timescales with clients and staff are negotiated, agreed and frequently updated
- Secure organizing relevant training sessions
- Manage external relations with key rural professionals, fertilizer and material agents and contractors to ensure smooth operation of the farm
- Strict adherence to quality, environmental and safety requirements and standards of the group, the farm, the customers and ruling legislation.
- Ensure the management of property and associated assets is optimized, secured and maintained within seasonal operating budgets.
The required qualifications
- Ideally a university Master degree in a horti- / agricultural related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years experience with medium high-tech greenhouse tomato production
- Proven ability in greenhouse farm management at the level, size and complexity of this position
- A full command of the French and English language in word and writing
- Adequate planning and organizational skills to achieve production targets at this 42 Ha. farm, in terms of quality, quantity and productivity
- Proven people management skills, tact and diplomacy to motivate and discipline the staff
- Clear leadership skills and ability to enhance and manage teamwork as a standard amongst the staff
- Able to create a management dashboard for the KRA’s and KPI’s under your responsibility and use them to measure, monitor, analyze and adjust and manage
- Acceptance of your role as manager within also a corporate organization, developing, contributing to and achieving corporate company objectives as well
- Receptive to learn and apply new technologies to improve productivity and profitability of the farm.
- Self-motivated and a good communicator, able to communicate effectively at all levels, with your staff and peers within the company as with external parties outside the company
- You function well in a multicultural environment and you respect the local culture and staff
- Your are a team player who leads by example and works actively as a team member yourself
- You are receptive to feedback and constructive criticism
- You are open to change, willing to learn and execute new approaches, share knowledge and skill
- By nature you drive continuous improvement (Kaizen/Lean etc )
- A market level salary in line with the importance of the position
- Bonus scheme based on company and individual targets
- For the housing requirements a guesthouse is available at the farm
- A company vehicle
The starting date
The preferred starting date of the new candidate is as soon as possible
Lutgo HR in Aalsmeer, The Netherlands, is representative of this client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position.
Please send your letter of motivation, CV and minimally two professionally relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning vacancy ref. no. O190173.