- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
About Burlington Berries
Established in 2012, Burlington Berries (Burlington) is the largest privately-owned berry farm in Tasmania. Located 45 mins from Launceston and 2 hours from Hobart, they can be found just outside of the local town, Cressy. Burlington is a rapidly expanding and dynamic family-owned farm which currently has over 47 hectares of strawberries and raspberries under production!
With over 450 seasonal staff on site, from 35 different countries, Burlington is a busy place to be!
About the Opportunity:
Burlington is looking for a highly motivated and driven Irrigation Manager to join their close-knit team in Cressy, TAS. Burlington uses state of the art equipment and software in order to optimise crop health and production. This includes but is not limited to: Multiple Priva systems, two Vialux UV disinfection units and a large scale Amiad Media filtration unit, complete with flocculation.
Reporting to the Grower and Soft Fruit Manager, you will be primarily responsible for creating and executing irrigation strategies whilst documenting irrigation practices in the field.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Operating Priva control systems
- Designing and implementing irrigation strategies
- Liaising with Grower regarding crop steering decisions
- Daily monitoring and reporting of crop stress/issues
- Managing a close-knit team
- Task scheduling and rostering
- Use of data and software including Crop Picker and MTrack
- Daily maintenance and calibration of irrigation equipment
- Daily reporting of rainfall/irrigation and fertigation amounts
- Analysing climatic data
- Analysing drip and drain data for crop management
- Coordination of any fertigation and irrigation adjustments
- Repair and maintenance of irrigation equipment throughout the season
- Stocktake and ordering equipment parts and supplies
We are seeking an individual who is experienced and who possess a strong understanding of horticultural irrigation practices.
Our ideal applicant will be an organised, flexible, and adaptable person with a "Can Do" mentality. They will:
- Have advanced experience in automated control systems, including Priva
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be adaptable to different priorities as the season changes
- Be comfortable in an ever-changing environment
- Be computer literate and have intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
About the Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an irrigation professional to join an established and reputable family organisation.
You will be joining a supportive, family-focused company who truly care about their team and love to celebrate each other’s success.
For your hard work and dedication, Burlington will offer you an attractive base salary, plus super, proportionate with your skills and experience.
Burlington is passionate about career development and personal growth for staff. As such, they provide many opportunities for training and development.
If you possess the above skills and are ready for a rewarding new career challenge, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com