- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Europe has quickly become the biggest destination for our pomegranate arils”
- Early Cape avocado harvest meets huge demand and buoyant prices
- Chile is beginning to experience an extreme drought situation
- Northern Territory: Mango crops destroyed by fires
- US fruit growers find themselves in middle of labor visa fight
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Operations & Production Manager - Ethiopia
Company: Internationally oriented young plant propagation company
Function: Operations & Production Manager young plant production farm, Ethiopia
Our client is an enthusiastic, modern and international enterprise, operating in the top league of plant propagating companies and based in The Netherlands. On their behalf, Lutgo Global is in search of an
Operations & Production Manager young plant production farm (m/f),
The farm concerned is a 2 hr. drive from the capital city and employs some 400 people including some foreign expatriate management and their families.
The function profile is often called ‘production manager’, but as the emphasis of the position is on planning and control we decided to call it ‘Operations manager’ for the purpose of this recruitment. The position reports to the General Manager and is part of the Management Team.
The Operations/production manager’s ultimate objective will be to provide the customers with rooted and unrooted cutting material, according agreed timings while meeting the requested quantities. Your priority focus will hence be the planning, control and prognoses regarding availability and quality of the mother stock & requested cuttings. In addition, the planning and control of the planting / production areas, harvest, post-harvest, volumes, people and the structuring of their daily work processes.
Specific aspect of the responsibilities will be to manage, motivate and inspire the operational workforce incl. their team of supervisors. Additionally you will be responsible for the timely interaction with the MT to safeguard continuity and contingency. You will also coordinate and formulate proposals to improve the operation of/on the farm, in conjunction with the general manager.
All this being the focus of the position, the Operations/production manager we are looking for, will also be a good sparring partner for the ‘green’/agronomist side of the organisation, which should come easy in view of his/her previous education and experience within horticulture.
Our ideal candidate meets the following requirements
- Secondary level education (Bachelor or equivalent), or a working experience of equal merit
- Demonstrable horticultural knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 4 years working experience with a European, or western company
- A min. of 4 years living experience in a European, or western country is preferred.
- Managerial- and communication skills and a hands-on mentality
- Analytical capabilities to manage and appraise the planning- and logistical processes
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of the English language in writing and speech
- Experience working in an African country is much appreciated
- Prepared to live and work in East Africa for a number of years
- Respect for the local culture
- Driving license
The location of the farm does not allow for daily commuting to/from the city, which makes the position unfit for candidates with school going children.
Our client offers
An indefinite contract upon satisfactory performance (after one year), a competitive salary with excellent secondary conditions, housing accommodation on the farm, health insurance, home leave tickets and a team based, pleasant working environment in a beautiful, safe country with a friendly population. The company has an apartment in the capital city where management families can periodically reside.
Please send your letter of motivation, CV and references to Mr. Jan Meijer at e-mail: email@example.com, mentioning the vacancy code O190159.