- Crop specialist Horticulture (Roses)
- North American Salesperson - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical Sales Agronomist - Switzerland
- International Retail Account Manager Fruit
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Fruit
- Territory Account Manager - Texas, Colorado, and the Toronto/Niagara area of Canada
- National Development Manager, Bravo(TM) Apples - Australia
- Greenhouse Head Grower and Manager - Canada
- Greenhouse operations manager - Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
- Booming South African blueberry industry eyes Asian markets
- Opportunities in the US market come from the great marketing done by the citrus community
- Almost everybody is happy with the new Tomato Suspension Agreement
- Zirkle Fruit to lay off 300 workers in Prosser, WA
- Polish blueberry season recovering, work force needed for manual harvesting
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Enormous, but strange avocado
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- "India can have its place in the avocado growing industry"
- Potato prices double due to shortage in Europe
Product Developer - Italy
Product Developer m/f
Full-time permanent position in Italy (Center Region)
Sakata Vegetables Europe is a subsidiary of Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan) and is responsible for the development and expansion of the activities across the EMEA area. With our wide array of vegetable seeds, we want to create a confidence-based relationship with our customers, working to our age old motto of Quality, Reliability and Service.
Among the Sales department of Sakata Vegetables Europe, you will participate to support of our sales network and the development of our turnover.
Under the responsibility of the Sales Area Manager, your challenge is to further strengthen our position on the Italian market through product development. Your personal input will make the difference.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Planning, organizing, overseeing and executing all processes of field trials for pre-commercial and commercial varieties with external partners, in close relationship with Sale Manager, Product Managers and Breeders
- Managing the evaluation and development of new varieties, positioning our varieties in the right slot and segment
- Recording and analyzing data
- Presenting results to sales, marketing and research teams, updating about local market trends and requirements,
- Investigating and testing new material
- Writing and reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications
- Organizing and overseeing fields demo, attending events for customers
- Visiting customers and give technical support for trials.
This position requires to travel extensively in the center as well as the rest of Italy and occasionally to other EU countries. Working closely with the local Sales Area Manager, Marketing and Research team abroad will be key to succeed in this position.
We are looking for candidates with 5 to 7 years of experience in sales and/or trials management, preferably in the vegetables/seeds sector. A 5 years degree in agronomy/horticulture is preferred.
The position requires an important autonomy level and organizational skills with methodical approach. Logical with a strong investigative mind, you can also demonstrate high flexibility and reliability. You will also have developed good relational skills to communicate, persuade and work as a team member.
Fluent in Italian and English (reading, writing and speaking) and an efficient use of office automation tools are necessary.
This position is available as per September 2019 and is home-office based in Italy, preferred in in Latina. If this matches your project, please send us your application (Resume and Cover letter), before 2019, August the 9th, by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for your interest.