- International Account Manager - Export
- Head Grower (location UAE)
- Head Grower medical cannabis
- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Kenyan investor dumps oil shares worth $800,000 in exchange for avocados
- "The avocado sector is about to undergo radical changes"
- Driscoll's announces two new limited edition berry varieties
- There are no longer any windows in the grape calendar
- Arrival of first shipment of citrus in breakbulk vessel into China
Top 5 -last month
Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
Who we are:
Verticroft is a premier hydroponics as a service provider. We will deploy a network of controlled, compact and automated, modular and infinitely scalable hydroponic production facilities which yield within a just-in time growth management system provided products as a service solution.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Director of Hydroponic Production, who will be responsible for improving, developing and maximizing all crop production requirements from system design, technology to daily procedures. As the Director of Hydroponic production, you will be responsible for developing from the ground up strong production systems and practices that are scalable and efficient.
The person we are looking for is a Hydroponics guru who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and build a team and best practices from the ground up.
We are looking for someone who is resilient in the face of challenges and willing to go the extra the mile.
Ideally this person will be based in Spain or willing to relocate as the position is full time in Madrid.
What the role entails:
- Build a production department that is scalable, efficient and reliable.
- Plan, design and build systems that maximize yield, production output while minimizing labour requirements.
- Plan and design systems that provide stable uniform production with fail safes in place.
- Train, Manage and direct staff on system construction, management and production technique.
- Assist to find suppliers for various production inputs that meet the standards of company.
- Enforce and implement strong preventative measures to avoid yield reductions and pest control.
- Work alongside senior management to forecast yield targets and objectives.
- Formulate department budgets and plan for the department’s growth and human capital requirements.
- Ensures that planting and harvesting schedules maximize production yield and ROI.
- Consults with operations team on matters relating to production improvements, hurdles, and improvements.
- Manage nutrient, dosing and climate control requirements.
- Maintain inventory of department supplies alongside operations team
- Oversees trials of new products prior to use within the facility.
- Manage record keeping of growing techniques to review and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees the training of new employees and techniques
- Build department manuals, policies and procedures
- Ensure records and reports are accurate and up to date.
- Fluent in English
- Extensive hydroponics experience with a variety of crops
- Extremely familiar with all forms of hydroponic technology
- Familiar with plant physiology and requirements
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Decision Making
- Collaboration Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Verbal & Written Communication Proficiency
- Records Management
- Undergraduate degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five year’s experience in hydroponic horticulture.
- Knowledge of technical hydroponics systems.
- Knowledge of pests and diseases identification.
- Familiarity with industry food and health safety standards.
- Experience in Indoor growing facilities preferred.
- Previous experience as a Head Grower or Assistant Grower is required.
- Advanced degree in Horticulture, or Agriculture a plus.
- Must be familiar with computers and technology.
Position Type and Location:
Full Time – Madrid, Spain
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ability to run and build a department all on your own
PLEASE EMAIL CV TO ADMIN@VERTICROFT.COM
Only Successful applications will be contacted