- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Regional Quality Assurance (QA) Manager Fresh - Antwerp, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
- California cherry crop devastated by storms
- Former Chiquita manager wants to start a revolution on the banana market
- NZ: Southern Hemisphere's largest fruit sorting machine provides a major post-harvest boost
- "Hungarian government's destruction of Dutch onions was disgraceful"
- Lifting of Mexican tariffs welcome relief to US apple growers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Senior Product Manager Young Plants
Company: Breeding Company
Region: Border area Neth.Germany
Your new employer?
Our client and your possible new employer, is a globally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. The organization grows and
flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and therefore challenging environment.
Their annual turnover is around 360 million euro with more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, they have a diversified network of specialized production sites spread all over the world.
The key to the companies’ success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. They take pride in their corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of their staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
For the Bedding & Balcony department of their production farm in the Netherlands/German border area, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager (m/f) for the EMEA region.
As Senior Product Manager (m/f) you are the primary contact in the product category you represent. You are focused on ensuring product category success and messaging throughout the company internally and with the sales and customer network externally. You act entrepreneurial in developing the right products and identifying market opportunities, while maximizing profit margins within the
- Develop and execute the crop strategy, which includes directing the breeding activities
- Develop and maintain the trial and commercial assortment, and positioning of varieties
- Organize and evaluate variety trials and manage Plant Breeder Rights (PBR)
- Chair the interdisciplinary product team consisting of Breeding, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product Management
- Support commercial organization via training, a collateral development and delivery
- Maintain good market knowledge and insight.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant market
- Familiar with statistical analysis
- Cultural knowledge of the product line
- Organizational skills for managing integrity of database trials & products
- Good interpersonal skills for team building and account relations
- Strong presentation skills for public speaking in varied settings
- Several years of proven work experience in a similar job, preferably in horticulture
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Analytical mindset, excellent social and communication skills and team player facilitating crosscultural co-operation
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
- Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations
- Able to manage a sustained business travel requirement up to 50%.
The company offers you
The company has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment with plenty of room for personal growth and development. This also implies that the companies’ global presence and diversity of activities may enable a further internal career for those meeting expectations.
You are being offered an excellent salary package and secondary conditions. It should also be mentioned that the company has an informal and easily accessible working environment in which mutual cooperation is very important. In view of its location, it is feasible to live in the Netherlands and commute to/from the company across the German border.
Please respond with your letter of motivation, CV/Resume and references to email@example.com, quoting vacancy reference 190080. For more information, please contact Jan Meijer at +31 (0) 297 255570 or through the email address given above.