- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Job offer - Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
Position: Assistant Grower
Location: Morehead, KY
AppHarvest is building large-scale glass greenhouses in Central Appalachia with a goal to make Eastern Kentucky the greenhouse capital of the United States. Rise of the Rest is an investor in AppHarvest. The fund, managed by AOL co-founder Steve Case and best-selling author JD Vance, is backed by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Starbucks Chairman Howard Shultz and designer Tory Burch. Utilizing revolutionary growing techniques, AppHarvest will supply sustainable produce to consumers nationally.
Imagine being a part of a company developing over 100 acres of hi-tech greenhouses under glass. As the Assistant Grower, you will be assisting with the management of growing operations for AppHarvest’s 60 acre hydroponic greenhouse facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Assists with growing produce commodities.
- Works with the Labor Manager to plan and execute crop work.
- Ensures crop work is completed on time and within quality requirements.
- Works with IPM Manager to manage pest and disease control.
- Assists in fertilization, irrigation, and climate control needs.
- Interprets measured data from crop and climate registration.
- Validates scouting reports to confirm accuracy and reliability.
- Assists with the timely implementation of management’s plant health plan directives.
- Performs soil, water, and disease tests as needed.
- Facilitates trials of new products prior to use within the facility.
- Ensures on-time placement of product orders for scouting needs.
- Maintains up to date records and reports.
- Provides support for and adheres to food and health safety standards.
- Verbal & Written Communication Proficiency
- Collaborative Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Degree in Chemistry, Horticulture, or Agriculture or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years experience in horticulture.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of horticultural pests, diseases, and safety standards identification.
- Experience in greenhouse growing facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of PRIVA and experience with technical greenhouse systems is a plus.
Our Core Values:
- Passion. Heart and energy fuels every aspect of your work.
- Grit. Ability to see and embrace challenges with courage and resolve; embodies an overall strength of character.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. From our people to our produce, we operate openly, honestly and with the utmost integrity.
- Dedication to Excellence. Good is not in our DNA. Always strive for exceptional - nothing less.
- Dedication to Sustainability and Positive Impact. Embrace long-term thinking. Drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and aim to improve lives within our communities at large.
- Continuous Improvement. Aim for 10x improvement. Challenge your team to take exponential leaps, not incremental improvements.
- Collaborative Leadership. Takes initiative in seeking opportunities to optimize team effectiveness and strengthen team culture.
- Proactive and Resourceful. Takes full ownership and responsibility for actions. Embodies a “we can figure it out” mentality, and challenges any notion claiming “this can’t be done”.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Not afraid to take lead on tackling big problems through rapid experimentation.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) match.