- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Job offer - General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Position: General Manager
Location: Morehead, KY
AppHarvest is building large-scale glass greenhouses in Central Appalachia with a goal to make Eastern Kentucky the greenhouse capital of the United States. Rise of the Rest is an investor in AppHarvest. The fund, managed by AOL co-founder Steve Case and best-selling author JD Vance, is backed by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Starbucks Chairman Howard Shultz and designer Tory Burch. Utilizing revolutionary growing techniques, AppHarvest will supply sustainable produce to consumers nationally.
Imagine being a part of a company developing over 100 acres of hi-tech greenhouses under glass. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for standing up operations for, and overseeing oversee the day to day operations of, AppHarvest’s 60 acre hydroponic greenhouse facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversees daily operations of the facility including production; quality control; planning; plant performance reporting; labor management; facility maintenance; and balancing inputs, throughput, and demand.
- Maximizes revenue by managing operating expenses and optimizing systems.
- Prepares budget and monitors financial statements.
- Supports safety programs to maintain safe working conditions and food safety compliance.
- Meets regularly with leadership for progress reports, planning, and conflict resolution.
- Prepares key performance indicator reports for management including food safety, quality, and yield.
- Collaborates with Human Resources department on labor management to meet staffing needs and needs of current employees.
- Develops growing schedule and forecasts yield targets.
- Works with Head Grower and distribution partners to develop and execute produce growth strategies.
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Collaborative Skills
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Decision Making
- Degree in Chemistry, Horticulture, or Agriculture or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years experience in horticulture.
- Five to ten years of management experience.
- Knowledge of horticultural pests and disease identification is plus.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Horticulture, or Agriculture a plus.
- Previous experience in greenhouse management is a plus.
Our Core Values:
- Passion. Heart and energy fuels every aspect of your work.
- Grit. Ability to see and embrace challenges with courage and resolve; embodies an overall strength of character.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. From our people to our produce, we operate openly, honestly and with the utmost integrity.
- Dedication to Excellence. Good is not in our DNA. Always strive for exceptional - nothing less.
- Dedication to Sustainability and Positive Impact. Embrace long-term thinking. Drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and aim to improve lives within our communities at large.
- Continuous Improvement. Aim for 10x improvement. Challenge your team to take exponential leaps, not incremental improvements.
- Collaborative Leadership. Takes initiative in seeking opportunities to optimize team effectiveness and strengthen team culture.
- Proactive and Resourceful. Takes full ownership and responsibility for actions. Embodies a “we can figure it out” mentality, and challenges any notion claiming “this can’t be done”.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Not afraid to take lead on tackling big problems through rapid experimentation.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) match.