- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
- Glasshouse Labour Supervisor - Warragul, Australia
- Head Grower youngplants - Central Italy
- Project Implementation Coordinator - Amman, Jordan
- Technical Services Manager
- Senior Grower tomatoes - Denmark
- Sales Manager
- Junior Verkoper Exoten
- Sales representative - North California, USA
- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Project Implementation Coordinator - Amman, Jordan
Advance Consulting is recruiting a Project Implementation Coordinator for a new horticultural pilot project that Advance Consulting will implement in Jordan. The project started in January 2019 and is financed by the Dutch Government. As part of this project 10 horticultural production and export marketing pilots will be implemented together with Jordanian small and medium-sized horticultural farms and their export partners. The outcomes of these pilots will contribute to the development of a strategic plan aimed at scaling up sustainable and market-driven innovations in Jordan’s horticultural sector. The Project Implementation Coordinator will be deployed for the duration of the pilot project "Inclusive Horticulture Value Chains" in Amman, Jordan.
Advance Consulting is implementing the 2½ -year horticultural Pilot Project “Inclusive Horticulture Value Chains” in Jordan. Key areas of intervention will include:
- introduction of low cost-high impact innovations which can create quick-wins in terms of (a) higher productivity and product quality; (b) reduced relative production costs; (c) reducing water and energy use; (d) sustainable jobs in the horticulture sector
- connecting supply chain actors and promoting collaboration between exporters, farmers, input providers, policy makers, extension services and knowledge institutes.
- improving compliance of Jordanian produce to international food safety and quality standards in high-potential export markets;
- building capacity and improving know-how on (water)efficient and high-quality production.
Advance Consulting will coordinate the project and will also provide business development assistance and horticulture supply chain support, working closely together with technical experts of Wageningen University & Research, Profyta and HollandDoor.
Main role of the Implementation Coordinator:
A coordinator will be deployed for the duration of the pilot project Inclusive Horticulture Value Chains in Amman, Jordan. He/she will be mainly responsible for the effective and efficient preparation and implementation of technical assistance and capacity building assignments implemented by visiting consortium partners in cooperation with the growers (80) and exporters (4) involved in the pilot activities. The coordinator will be part of a small project implementation team comprising a senior Jordanian horticultural expert (part-time), an agronomist (part-time), a logistical support officer (part-time) and one or two full-time Jordanian agricultural engineers.
He/she will maintain excellent working relations with the institutional partners in the Jordan horticulture sector and the Dutch embassy in Amman. As the local representative for the project in Jordan he/she will align the project activities with other initiatives in the sector by the Dutch Government and other international organisations and will oversee that there is a transparent communication and information dissemination on the project’s implementation approach, progress and results.
The main tasks of the Project Implementation Coordinator in Amman will include:
- Coordinate the project implementation plans, including the supervision of the two horticultural engineers in charge of farmer extension activities;
- Planning and preparation of missions by visiting technical support missions by consortium partners;
- Organize and attend regular stakeholder meetings for Jordan institutions (e.g. JEPA, MoA, NARC) and private sector partners in the horticulture sector for aligning project implementation and addressing emerging issues;
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of technical support messages to growers and exporters;
- Data collection and record keeping on the project’s progress and for monitoring the performance of the growers and exporters involved in the pilot activities;
- Assist with the organisation and implementation of field days and other training / information events;
- Participate at the monthly progress meetings with the Dutch embassy in Amman;
- Provide feedback on implementation issues to the overall coordinator of the project based in the Netherlands;
- Prepare information material, data and photographs for the project’s website;
- Maintain accounts on project expenses in Jordan;
- Assist with project reporting responsibilities as per the formats provided by the overall project coordinator;
- Other tasks assigned by the overall project coordinator.
- BSc or MSc in agriculture, horticulture or other relevant subject
- Relevant international work experience (minimum 1-2 years), preferably in the Middle East or North Africa
- Affinity with the horticulture sector (production and/or marketing)
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English; preferably also some Arabic language skills or interest to learn the language
- Pragmatic, result-oriented and eager to learn.
Supervision & contracting
The local implementation coordinator will report to the overall project coordinator at Advance Consulting based in the Netherlands. Together they will develop quarterly work plans which will be executed by the local coordinator with support from the other consortium members.
This is a position for a junior/medior consultant with a gross salary in the range of Euro 3250 – Euro 4500 per month depending on qualifications and experience. He/she will be given a one-year contract with the possibility for extension for the duration of the project and beyond. Office, local transport, housing, etc. will be provided through the project.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and short letter of motivation to Ms Lisette Zewuster (email@example.com). For more information on Advance Consulting, please check our website: www.advanceconsulting.nl. Specific questions on this position can be directed to Lisette by e-mail.
Deadline for applications is 15 February 2019.