- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
- Glasshouse Labour Supervisor - Warragul, Australia
- Head Grower youngplants - Central Italy
- Project Implementation Coordinator - Amman, Jordan
- Technical Services Manager
- Senior Grower tomatoes - Denmark
- Sales Manager
- Junior Verkoper Exoten
- Sales representative - North California, USA
- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Senior Grower tomatoes - Denmark
Senior Grower tomatoes – high tech production nursery in Denmark
Our client is a high-tech leading greenhouse tomato production nursery in Northern Europe, supplying a variety of premium quality tomato specialties. The company follows an ambitious growth and profitability improvement plan.
As Senior Grower you will be a member of the company’s management team. The company has short communication lines, fast decision-making and people working closely together. Our client would like the final candidate to start as soon as possible.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for tomato production, including climate and irrigation management
- Ensure that quality systems are kept updated and are adhered to
- Verify that product quality is of the required high standard
- Keep official documents updated (recording of chemical use/fertilizer use)
- Optimize yield and reduce cost
- Plant and fruit registration
- Ensure timely production- and waste reporting.
- Coordination with relevant seed companies, propagators, and other critical suppliers
- Have regular management and production meetings
- Provide a weekly update to management
- Prepare and make production budgets in co-op with the Finance department
- Coordination of production/planting plans in co-op with sales organization
- Secure technical reliability and improvements in co-op with the maintenance department
- A proven track record as greenhouse tomato grower in a high-tech western environment, with excellent results in terms of yield, cost and quality
- You work well independently as well as in a team and you have relevant experience at management level
- Pro active mindset and able to take decisions independently
- Accustomed to working accurately
- Good leadership, communication and social skills, also in a multi-cultural setting
- A good command of English, spoken and written, is a must
- Willing to relocate to Northern Europe
- An attractive remuneration package.
- Free health care and free schooling facilities for possible children of the final candidate selected
- A responsible and challenging position with a proud and highly professional company
- Upon proven suitability, a local and indefinite contract of employment
Lutgo in The Netherlands is the exclusive representative of this client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation mentioning Ref. O190012, to Jan Meijer at email@example.com or contact him at +31 (0)297 255 570, resp. +31 622 458 832 for more information.