- Senior Grower Tomatoes - Denmark
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
Top 5 -yesterday
- Big merger in Dutch tomato industry annulled
- Blueberry oversupply hurts Australian farmers
- Price reduction in retail increases drug smuggling in bananas
- Government shutdown and the border wall - a South Texas perspective
- South Africa: late Orange River season reduces amount of grapes for Chinese New Year
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Junior Product Manager - Brassica
Junior Product Manager - Brassica
with different workplace options in Europe
Sakata Vegetables Europe is a subsidiary of Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan) and is responsible for the development and expansion of the activities across the EMEA area. With our wide array of vegetable seeds, we want to create a confidence-based relationship with our customers, working to our age-old motto of Quality, Reliability and Service.
Sakata’s marketing team provides the maximum of technical information so that our clients get the best results from our varieties. The department performs an essential role in the definition of the development and evolution of our business.
This position is a great opportunity for a passionate agronomic engineer to translate long term vision into short term actions at an international level. Within the Marketing department and under the supervision of the Product Manager, this challenging position is at the crossroads of all the company departments (Research, Supply Chain and Sales).
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the crop review elaboration
- Execute the mid to long term objectives defined: develop and the implement the strategy for the assigned crops across the region, including pricing, portfolios and positioning
- Follow-up the product portfolio, oversee and increase the market share and profitability of the assigned crop for Europe, Middle East and African markets, notably for Cabbage
- Stimulate the portfolio from upstream through to the market within your chain of activities and capture all the opportunities
- Perform regular update of the different marketing tools
- Ensure that the crop review stays aligned with the market trends
You will have to travel across the region (around 30% to 40% of your time), working with our dedicated sales teams and distributors where relevant, providing technical support and knowledge to customers.
We are looking for candidates with a 5 years’ degree level of qualification in Agriculture/Agronomic Engineering, with a preference in Horticulture. A minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience in the vegetable industry and a good understanding of marketing planning and tools are necessary for this “junior” position.
You will work in an international and project-oriented environment. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team as well as independently are requested. Good communication and organizational skills along with some degree of flexibility are also required to succeed in the position. It is mandatory to be fluent in English, (reading, writing and speaking), any additional language is an advantage. Good computer skills are also necessary to complete all functions.
This position is available as soon as possible. Numerous options within Europe are available regarding the place of work of this position. If this matches with your project, please send us your application (Resume and Cover Letter), by email to the following address: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.