- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs
Report To: Farm Manager
Location: Malaysia Highlands
Genting Garden is market leader in SE Asia for both the production & processing of salads, herbs, fresh dressings, and RTE salad kits sold to both the retail and food service industries. Currently we have 30 hectares of greenhouse production in our own farms with a further 20 hectares under contract growing. We grow various lettuce and herbs in NFT systems using both the fixed type and the moving gully type (MGS) on 8 hectares. The rest of the greenhouses are for the growing of tomatoes, capsicums, and cucumber. In addition to greenhouse production the company operates a state of the art salad processing division, manages our own cold chain distribution service along with a large team of retail merchandisers & promoters thereby offering vertical integration from seed through to retail shelf.
Positions: The role of the Assistant Grower Managers is to understudy the Grower Managers in all aspects of growing across our 3 farms in Malaysia as part of a longer term succession planning.
Key Job Duties:
- Supervise and train Crop supervisors in the areas of good horticultural practices and growing techniques.
- Establish performance goals (KPI’s)/objectives
- Review the goals/objectives with team
- Enforce policies and procedures within the growing and pest departments, including issuing performance evaluations.
- Update crop forecasting processes and ensure team is aligned and consistent.
- Develop both economic & environment sustainable solutions by adapting best practices and methods worldwide within the local conditions and limitations.
- Lead with a “hands on” attitude when needed to provide practical guidance
- Monitor and react to pest pressures in the greenhouses.
- Provide input regarding the development of the annual crop plans.
- Help prepare annual production and cost budgets.
- Higher Education in Horticulture or related Subject
- 6 years of growing experience
- 3 years of managing greenhouse(s) for salad crops
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of software and IT confident
- Strong in communications and team leading skills
- Knowledge in preparing annual production and cost budgets
- Very good plant knowledge and experience with soilless culture systems, pest and disease programs, post harvest techniques, and environmental control measures.
- Experience of organic methods of production would be advantageous.
- Effective at problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with all levels of an organisation
- An innate ability to train and build teams of people capable to excel in the growing operations
On offer will be a salary commensurate with skill sets and cost of relocation + benefits.
To be based in the Highlands of Malaysia. Start Date as soon as candidate is available.
This is an opportunity to be a senior member of an organisation dedicated to innovation in all areas whether it's in glasshouse crop production , food processing, or in new product development. We are committed to finding sustainable solutions that both excite our customers and our team.
If you are seeking a role within a dynamic organisation - please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org