- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse
Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse (Netherlands/German border area)
Our client is a globally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. The organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and therefore challenging environment.
Our client’s annual turnover is around 360 million euro with more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, they have a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to the companies’ success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. They take pride in their corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of their staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
For their production farm in the Netherlands/German border area, we are searching a Team Leader (m/f) for their Quarantine greenhouse department within the Elite department.
In the Quarantine greenhouse department the pathogens on plants varieties are assessed and tested by diverse laboratory tests and bioassays. The aim is to ensure pathogen free starting material for our client’s breeding and production facilities and eventually their customers.
As Team Leader (m/f) you will be responsible for running the operation of the Quarantine greenhouse department working with a wide range of crops. Your location will be their brand new facility, where also the Library (Elite) operation is located. The two operations will be working closely together but under strict hygiene protocols.
- Perform operational planning, incl. order processing, shipments and organizing of pathogen tests,
- Provide daily guidance and supervise a team of 5 permanent employees,
- Organize and supervise the operational tasks,
- Inform and update stakeholders worldwide about the state of progress,
- Evaluate test results and develop bioassays.
- Bachelor (BSc.) degree in Horticulture/Agriculture or educational background as botanical lab technician
- Proven work experience in a comparable position, preferably in horticulture
- Basic grower experience
- Familiar with aseptic techniques and/or knowhow of plant pathogens
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
- Full command of the German language and preferably advanced English skills, both written and oral
- Analytical skills, high level of detail orientation, hands-on mentality, ability to motivate personnel, a team player mindset and a drive for improvement.
Our client has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. The company by default offers its employees a salary and benefits in line with the market and plenty of room for personal growth and development. They do have an informal, open and easily accessible working environment in which common cooperation is very important.
Please send your English CV/Resume, motivation letter and passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org , or contact Jan Meijer via +31 622 458 832