- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
Director of Marketing and Communications
Business Development, Sales and Marketing
Jenn Armen, Vice-President
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading and developing marketing and communications strategies and plans that contribute to the success of Okanagan Specialty Fruits and the Arctic® brand, including advertising campaigns, content development and overall messaging and image. The successful candidate will manage the company’s marketing and communications standards and initiatives, while providing leadership, guidance, and hands-on execution support to the Marketing and Communications team. Additionally, this person will be part of the senior management team guiding and driving business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; communications, public relations, or marketing major preferred.
- Ten or more years’ experience within the perishable food industry, produce preferred, plus five or more years’ experience in leading a professional marketing and communications team.
- Experience building a team of marketing and communications professional mandatory.
- Proven success in content management, developing and implementing communications, public relations and marketing plans.
- Experience with traditional, digital and social media mandatory.
- Experience in rolling out new brands is considered an asset; at a minimum, experience managing a consumer brand preferable.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with advanced organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills. A problem solver that is resourceful, innovative and creative with a preference of working in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car as situation dictates.
- Conceptualize and supervise the execution of marketing strategies for new and existing products to drive business growth, with a purpose of attracting new and retaining current customers.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Sales to assure marketing and communication efforts are aligned with the company’s aggressive growth aspirations.
- Develop annual and long-range marketing and communications plans.
- Recruit, manage and mentor marketing and communications staff.
- Lead brand strategy initiatives by providing positioning recommendations, guiding market research analysis, identifying appropriate media channels for target audiences and tone of brand elements.
- Inform the creative direction for high impact marketing communications projects, such as product launches, advertising campaigns, customer communications and promotional events.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs; often represent company at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Create concepts and lead content development for marketing and communication initiatives spanning various channels and audiences, such as websites, social media platforms, advertising and presentations.
- Manage messaging framework and champion brand consistency throughout the organization.
- Manage relationships with external advertising/communications agencies and creative vendors.
- Responsible for drafting budget for marketing and communications that propels new business growth.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Manage strategic content curation for digital assets in conjunction with the Communications and Social Media Specialists, to attract and inform stakeholders.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com