- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Job reference: 4949CC
Job type: Technical
Duration: Full Time
Skills required: General Management / Planning / Technical / Operations / Logistics and Distribution / Agronomy/Advisory / Information Technology / Quality Management
Sector: Fresh Produce / Horticulture
Salary: €€To Attract the best
PRODUCT & EFFICIENCY MANAGER
BASED – HOLLAND. TRAVEL TO UK AND EUROPE REQUIRED ON A WEEKLY BASIS DURING THE MAIN SEASON
SALARY TO ATTRACT THE BEST
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by a major fruit importation business created by a number of leading international growers. Their model services the UK & European retailers through various distribution channels for a successful direct trading relationship.
They are looking for a key individual to “partner” their UK based MD to assist in their continuing double-digit growth in Europe as Product & Efficiency Manager for their business and to manage their UK & EU customers. The availability of a range of stunning fresh produce and ongoing new variety development makes them truly unique.
The key purpose of the Product & Efficiency Manager role is to effectively and efficiently manage the use of all stock in the fruit category from arrival at their warehouse to dispatch, with some requirement to follow up to the end customers. As such you will be working with the company’s third-party quality inspection teams, warehousing operators and customers. Selecting product based on intake inspections that would be best suited for different customer specifications, liaising with warehouse operations on stock allocations and planning space for arrivals, visiting customers/packhouses to develop relationships, understand process and they can improve the supply chain efficiency and value returns to the farm while delivering customer expectations are all key.
The liaising with the main distribution warehouse in Holland and the logistics/commercial team in UK and your colleagues in South America is key to the role.
Key Elements of the role:
- To ensure that the quality of the fruit in each pallet is quantified and communicated to all relevant parties.
- To make decisions on the most effective and efficient use of the fruit. Communicating any changes to the Logistics teams.
- To provide accurate and timely information to communicate to the growers and commercial staff.
- To liaise with the relevant Technologists on all aspects of fruit quality.
- To provide advice and training to all colleagues who are involved in the process to supply the fruit to various customers, giving guidance on ripening of some fruits.
- A close working relationship with the cold store to ensure a smooth-running relationship across all levels
- To help in the development and improvement of the raw material and customer specifications.
- To monitor fruit re-packing / ripening process to ensure it meets customer needs.
- Visiting customers / packhouses across Europe to develop relationships and obtain the maximum pack-out (minimise waste) of our fruit and understand process improvements
- Documenting and reporting information in the season and compiling end of season reports by customer/product.
What we want to see:
- A strong communicator, assertive, energetic and professional.
- Can work independently and has ability to manage and prioritise different work and skill demands.
- Tenacious and resilient with high energy levels.
- Ability to work with all MS Office products.
- Dutch speaking advantageous but not essential.
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting opportunity, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this link or contact Caroline Crouchman on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4949CC