Top 5 -yesterday
- Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- Egyptian sweet potato season has become more challenging every year
- Taking a peek at the 2022-2023 Peruvian grape season
- Potato growers ask McCain Foods for 78% price increase
- "This is the first year in which we will no longer sell a single kilo of seeded grapes"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
Totam Seeds is growing!
If you wish to be part of an agile and flexible breeding company, with strong ambitions, offering a stimulating working environment, where inclusive culture, passion about what we do, and growth mindset are the pillars, don't miss the opportunity and take a look at our open position!
At Totam Seeds, we are breeding and developing and supplying new varieties of tomatoes for the active greenhouse sector in Europe, Canada, USA, Mexico, Oceania and Asia.
We are an agile and flexible company made of a team of highly entrepreneurial people with high level commitment and the ambition to impress a new footprint in the tomatoes seeds breeding industry. You will work within a company culture of empowerment and delegation with opportunities for career development, of course you will be confronted also with some challenges, and this is exactly why we are looking for you: Your contribution will be vital to the future growth of Totam Seeds.
We are part of the Seeds Business Unit (Top Seeds International IS, Totam Seeds NL, ISI Sementi IT, Xiangyan Seeds China, and Japan Vegetable Seeds) of the Agriscience department at Mitsui & Co. Japan. Mitsui & Co has a philosophy to maintain the independency of each company, while upon the need and opportunity to collaborate among the group, you will be given freedom to reach out to employees from your sister companies to be exposed to a broader network. Mitsui & Co regards US and Canada being the next strategic frontier for its vegetable seed business, as an attempt in maximizing the potential of its germplasm pool fitting to the needs of US and Canadian markets. Totam plays a vital / leading role among the group for such initiative and is seeking for talents that would be able to navigate Totam and the greater Mitsui & Co vegetable seed group to reach that strategic goal.
This is the description of the Trial Officer job role:
The position will be in The Netherlands in the Westland region.
- Plan and execute internal trials for screening and demo purposes in working collaboration with Breeder, PD/PM and Sales.
- Develop a deep knowledge of Totam varieties.
- Successful delivery of the role will result in high quality trials, implementing trial design aligned with key markets and customers, high quality data collection and data analysis that will enable data-based product advancement decisions in conjunction with breeders, product development specialist, Marketing and Sales.
- Trial Officer (TO) is the key technical contributors to variety advancement from R&D to the Precommercial level by providing data, focusing on enabling optimal product placement of new varieties aligned with prioritized customer needs.
- TO provide data for the Product Market Segment (PMC) advancement and positioning process and technical positioning proposals for new varieties.
- Manage execution of internal screening and demos trials and deliver quality data to support product advancement decisions and variety positioning.
- Key contributor to advancement decisions and launch strategy based on quality of variety data collection.
- Organize and execute varieties fruit display for visual evaluation and shelf-life test.
- Organize and execute shipment of fresh produce to customers based on indication coming from PD/PM and Sales.
- Work with Breeder, PD/PM, Sales.
- Collect data in phenome according to trial protocol and data collection agreed with Breder, PD/PM, Sales.
- Deliver all collected data via agreed formats within agreed deadlines.
- Conduct data collection in the field.
- Provide data set on the performance of materials from all trials and make good overviews about the hybrids for their positioning in certain markets (country level) compared to competitive checks.
- Contribute to prepare technical variety promotion leaflets for marketing and fill relevant information in relevant databases.
- In collaboration with the commercial organization, establish On-Farm collaborations with key customers to create a customer centric culture, and to deliver solutions to our customers faster by exchanging data and information.
- Follow Biosafety, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), compliance and ethics, and the quality system requirements according to Syngenta internal standards
- Proven practical knowledge & experience about crop trialling design and data collection with real experience in experimental design, trial placement, and data analysis for tomato.
- Understanding the tomato market and product profile specifications.
- Knowledge of agronomy and growing techniques of tomato.
- Proficient in English (verbally and in writing).
- Proficient in MS office Suite.
- Analytical skills and mindset.
- Effective communication with stakeholders, summarizing experimental results, synthesizing analysed data to tell compelling stories and support recommendations and actions.
What we offer:
- An open culture of teamwork, based on reciprocal respect, trust and support in a young, agile and flexible company environment.
- If you're looking for a motivating and deserved-paying job and the potential for a rewarding career, please apply now.