Top 5 -yesterday
- Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- Egyptian sweet potato season has become more challenging every year
- Taking a peek at the 2022-2023 Peruvian grape season
- Potato growers ask McCain Foods for 78% price increase
- "This is the first year in which we will no longer sell a single kilo of seeded grapes"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
Job title: Crop Farm Manager
Company: Rufepa Tecnoagro S.L.
Department / Division: Crop management
Job Location: Sharjah
Reporting to: Rufepa Tecnoagro, S.L.
Job grade: Crop manager
Job Summary: The position demanded is a skilled agricultural engineer capable to fulfill a production program of different crops in a 1 ha farm for different types of vegetables ( tomatos , cucumber, eggplants, peppers, and figs). The distributed surface grown is 0,5 ha in hydroponic system under greenhouse-controlled environment with zero residue with a surface of 0,5 ha and 0,5 ha with soil production with the same system for production of organic vegetables.
The candidate should be able to coordinate to achieve for maximum yield with the best standard of quality.
1. Weekly Report of production, and consumables in the greenhouse.
2. Weekly Report of pest control strategy
3. Seasonal report.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Preparing general strategy of vegetable production.
- Preparing general program of consume of fertilizers, biofertilizers, biostimulants and insects for pest control or pollination.
- Coordinate with the final customer for the delivery and harvest program.
- Daily communication with the owner of the advances made in the farm.
- Control of water consume and waterquality.
- Control of the good function of the greenhouse equipments.
Minimum Skills Preferred Skills
- Forecast the best plant management forecasting the pest control and pests appeareance.
- Good staff management.
- Aim to improve the good result in the site.
- Good communication with property of the production unit.
- Preferred Knowledge
Minimum experience in farm management: not less than 3 years: vegetable industry in organic production in soil and zero residue in hydroponic greenhouses.
Experience in crop management like irrigation, fertigation and integrated pest management
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or equivalent.
- Arabic and fluent english is a must.
To apply for this position please send your resume to Juan Miguel Morales at email@example.com