- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- New dragon fruit program being launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
Hortifrut IG Berries – India is a Joint Venture Company based in Madhya Pradesh India. The Company has been set up to grow and market premium blueberry varieties and in time the full berry basket. It has as its shareholders, Hortifrut SA (the largest Blueberry Company in the world); IG International (India’s largest importer and logistics handler of fresh produce); and Mountain Blue Orchards (the premium breeder of blueberry varieties in the world).
The Company was formed in October 2017 and today has 3 farming properties across Madhya Pradesh, India. The Company is into its first commercial harvest – 200 tons is expected. To date the Company has around 40 hectares planted and this will increase to over 100 hectares during 2022. Thereafter, the plans will be to substantially increase production with a target of 10,000 tons per annum within the next 5 years.
As the Company moves into the major stage of its expansion, it is seeking a very high calibre CEO capable of working collaboratively and closely with the team on the ground and the Board; and to establish the relevant organisational structure around him / her to ensure the long-term growth and success of the project.
This role will work across every aspect of the organisation:
- Strategy & Planning – working closely with the Board and the Team to establish the strategy / key objectives / risks and to deliver on these.
- Budgeting & Financial Planning and Implementation – Operational and Capital expenditure – the Company is in a high growth phase – the ability to clearly understand and be comfortable with the numbers and to implement high standards of reporting and fiscal responsibility are absolute requirements of this role. This will also require working extremely closely with the team responsible for the Company’s ERP system.
- Sales, Marketing & Logistics – work closely with the existing and new teams on the ground to develop a full in-house team to drive the growth and sales of the company (high efficiency logistics) – to establish the brand across India and to drive increased consumption of premium, high quality berries into the Indian Market.
- Human Resources – work closely with the existing and new teams on the ground to implement the correct policies, procedures, reporting, performance reviews, KPI’s – that will develop and drive the Company into a sustainable, high performing and motivated work force.
- Ensure work place health and safety is an integral part of the ethos and culture within the organisation.
- Reporting and Communicating with the Board.
- Production – a deep understanding of agriculture (horticulture specifically) and an ability to grasp and understand all aspects and concepts involved in the growing of berries in controlled conditions and environment.
- Sustainability and environment – to ensure that every aspect of the Company is geared towards sustainability and caring for the environment.
The Individual must have strong Leadership Traits which will include:
- Superior leadership skills (excellent ability to lead and manage) – high degree of honesty, people skills and integrity.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels (including the ability to speak, write and communicate fluently in English).
- Outstanding analytical and planning skills – a deep understanding of the supply chain from the start of the process (plants and farming) right through to the final sales process.
- Ability to work under pressure – to work strategically and methodically and to deal with multiple issues at the same time. An ability to be resilient, flexible, smart and to clearly understand and respect the culture in India.
- A focused, motivated and experienced individual with a proven track record and impeccable references.
- Ability to drive results in a manner that focuses always on the long-term well-being of the business, the people, the environment and the community.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture / business / finance.
- >10 years of industry experience.
Position reports directly to the board of directors.
The position is based in India – the bulk of the operations will be based in the production areas in Madhya Pradesh. There will be a requirement to spend considerable time in these locations and to be based there at the start of the process.
Remuneration will be highly competitive with a large element based on achieving the goals and objectives set by the Board.
Please send your resume and application to Saral Rawal at email@example.com