- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- New dragon fruit program being launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Role: Packaging Supervisor
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reporting to: Harish Varadharajan
Who we are
Pure Harvest Smart Farms is a UAE-based, high-tech agriculture start-up. We develop and operate high-tech, climate-controlled farms to grow a variety of crops and sell our products directly into the markets in which we operate. In early-2018 we successfully deployed our first-ever farm in Nahel, Al Ain growing a wide variety of flavourful tomatoes that “Taste Like They Should TM”. Our products are selling-out at major retailers in the UAE and are consumed at an assortment of elite restaurants & hotels. Our brand is associated with incredibly tasty produce and we are quickly building a loyal and vocal customer base. We are now expanding into new crops (strawberries and leafy greens) and into new geographies (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait). Technology, data, and innovation are core to our ethos, and we aim to redefine the Middle Eastern agricultural sector. We are passionate about what we do, and we are believers in the growth potential of the company. Our team is multi-cultural (American, European, African, Middle Eastern, South Asian), and our backgrounds diverse (horticulture, engineering, private equity, management consulting, retail, marketing, etc.). Never a boring day at Pure Harvest.
In recognition of regional vulnerabilities associated with food import dependence, water scarcity and sustainability, Pure Harvest is committed to resource efficiency and to overcoming climate challenges to affordably deliver premium quality fresh produce to the Middle East.
Who you are
We are looking for a dynamic person to help build a great organisation that is driven, motivated, and passionate about the industry and the positive impact the company can deliver in the region and beyond. You should be well versed and experienced in driving, building and steering people to deliver on company objectives. As a candidate we will be looking into how you have demonstrated your capabilities at a reputable organisation and the experience that you can build on within a fast-growing company like Pure Harvest.
Ideally you are a candidate that can be trusted, with a high standard in work ethics, that doesn’t shy away from challenging situations, and the ability to deliver high performance with minimal oversight. As a high trust organisation, we are looking for people that understand requirements fully, take ownership and deliver results at a high standard consistently, and as the person leading that culture, the ability to demonstrate that is essential.
- Conduct continuous improvements meeting with the team on weekly and daily basis to understand how we can improve to achieve the expected results
- Actively look out for the 7 types of waste (as per lean) and identify ways to improve the same
- Ensure the system works on pull and Kanban system of signaling is followed to pull the raw materials
- Overall responsible for the operations, material, and people in the packhouse and cold storage
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources
- Ensures the required tools, material and the raw material required for packing, smooth movement of material and storage in cold storage is in place
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
- Ensure the material and people movement protocols are adhered to as per company policies
- Actively communicate the roles and responsibilities, targets and expectations from the team members
- Ensure the tasks assigned to the team members are in line with the delivery schedule to the customers and are stored in the cold storage accordingly
- Track the performance of the teams against the target and share active feedback where required (also record the performance data)
- Ensure the packing process as laid out in SOP is properly adhered to
- Conduct sample quality checks form the quality center as per the quality norms laid out by the Company and make a record of the same
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensure the storing of material in the cold storage is in line with the company policies
- Ensure the required recording of data (as per the software) is carried out by the person as well as the team members
- Share active feedback with the senior management on what processes can be improved and what other interventions can be taken
Your competencies - Criteria for Succes
- Highly ambitious - curious, resilient and a great communicator
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at the highest level
- Must be able to make bold decisions and recommendation and have credibility to consultant with senior leaders
- Ability to understand key business drivers and commercial orientation
- Execution- Deliver on what matters by getting the right things done
5-8 years of experience in working in a production line or packing line in either agricultural company or any other reputed industrial manufacturer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience
Proven ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Ability to successfully work under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and manage competing priorities
- Ability to manage people in the farm
- Ability to work on MS office applications
Please note before applying: our people define our success and we take hiring seriously. Interviewing with Pure Harvest may include video and phone interviews and/or off-site interviews. Though not required, we highly recommend that you submit a cover letter that outlines the key attributes of your candidacy & demonstrates that you understand and are qualified for this unique/ challenging role. Also, we complete both formal and informal reference checks for all hires. Please be prepared to submit references upon request.
Although we are unable to follow-up with each-and-every applicant, we do our absolute best to conduct a systematic hiring process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Please submit CVs and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org