- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Chief Commercial Officer
Job reference: 05432M
Job type: Commercial
Duration: Full Time
Skills required: Commercial / Development / General Management / Planning / Procurement / Technical / Marketing / New Product Development / Sales / Growing / Logistics and Distribution / Management / Ethical Compliance / Business Development / Veg-Salad-Fruit Production / Commercial Management / Board Experience / Strategic Planning / Sustainability
Qualifications: AnySector:Fresh Produce / Fresh Food / Agriculture / Agri-Business / Horticulture / Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Salary: €€To Attract the best
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by a market leading fresh produce business with a significant EU reach.
With the aim of becoming the market leader in its field within Europe, the business recently partnered with an international agribusiness investment group to further professionalize the company and consolidate the fragmented industry it operates in. They are seeking a Chief Commercial Officer who will be responsible for bringing them the business success they all aspire to as part of their strategic planning.
You will take primary responsibility for the sales and strategic commercial planning function in this fast growing and acquisitive business. You will “partner” with the CEO and have full accountability for managing the revenues of the business, as well as the business’ existing and future customer relationships, and ensure that the business continues to deliver high profitable growth – and expand its network of high value customers.
The key to the role is to drive the commercial strategy for the group and bring greater levels of forward-looking analysis to sales planning and development. You will oversee the sales function and the development of joint business planning and marketing as well as leading, coordinating and negotiating agreements with customers, managing day to day sales processes, customer satisfaction and coordinating internal teams.
Key Candidate Attributes We Are Looking For From You:
- Experience of having operated in a professional fruit or vegetable business (or associated fresh food/FMCG sectors) with a turnover exceeding €50m.
- Strong managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills to enable development of a fit for purpose and leading commercial team.
- A strong leader who can think strategically, analytically and creatively, and be a key member of the management team.
- Sales focused mentality combined with sound commercial acumen.
- Ability to understand commercial drivers and exercise sound judgment in 3rd party negotiations.
- Team player who can create and maintain long term business relationships with clients and other members of the team.
- Determined yet not overbearing or divisive; ability to push back diplomatically yet firmly or hold onto and defend positions.
- Highly presentable, strategic thinker and self-confident.
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise quick judgement to reach effective solutions.
- Experience working across countries and a good understanding of inter-cultural nuances.
- University degree.
- 15+ year of relevant experience, with at least 5+ years as a CCO / Commercial Director / Head of Sales of a business or division.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to speak Spanish, English and German fluently would be very advantageous.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage key customer relationships and orders closely on a day to day and long-term basis.
- Handling negotiations and contractual relations with customers at both a high-level view and on an order-by-order basis.
- Managing sales teams and coordinating sales approach between sub-divisions to ensure a 1 sole provider approach in the business.
- Maintain high ratings with key customers through close tracking of KPIs including On Time In Full, Pricing, etc. while maintaining business profitability.
- Forming and executing the short and long-term marketing plans, including among others the positioning and pricing of the company’s products.
- Understanding and communicating the brand’s value proposition and product mix to existing and new clients to deliver increased sales and margin.
- Representing the Company externally at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen its profile.
- Keep abreast of industry trends by leveraging firm capabilities, interfacing with other management team members, and attending conferences, etc.
- Sales budgeting and forecasting – leads sales budget and forecasting processes.
- Provide relevant reporting and analysis of existing business and new opportunities including analysis of potential customers, market trends and industry profitability.
- Commitment to innovation and review in ensuring continuous improvement in operational processes. Identification and driving of opportunities to improve revenue profit performance (KPIs, continuous improvement programs).
- Work with the CEO and board to devise and manage the implementation of a 5 Year Business Plan.
The role will report to the CEO and a highly competitive salary package and long-term profit-based bonus plan are on offer for the right individual.
This is a significant role with a business that is looking to be a clear market leader in their defined sectors and initially in Europe before they look to expand further internationally. As such it is a hugely career enhancing role for the right individual.
To find out more, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 01284 715055 to have a confidential conversation quoting Ref: 05432M