- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
GENERAL MANAGER - JOB DESCRIPTION
COMPANY: Jambo Roses LTD
JOB TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: Buswa, Uganda
About The Company:
Jambo Roses was first registered in February 1995, and our initial production area was finalized at the end of 1996. Since then Jambo Roses has increased its production area to 22,5 ha (hectares), with a weekly export production of 950, 000 stems of fresh cut roses. Our main export destinations are the European, and Scandinavian markets, where the company has developed its own niche. Jambo Roses is certified by
MPS A B C, MPS.GAP, MPS-SQ, MPS ETI, and Fairtrade.
We are looking for a forward-thinking General manager that has knowledge/experience of climate and irrigation systems, interpreting their real time and historical data to meet daily and weekly production plans, is key. This is an experienced-level position requiring strong leadership skills to build and run a team. Prior experience in growing roses is fundamental with a proven track record of success. You should have at least 7 years of experience in a similar role, and a passion for providing the best quality crop, and always aiming to meet or exceed weekly targets.
- Directing all the work activities done on a farm.
- Analysing existing operations, crops, colleagues, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Managing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring colleague understands expectations.
- Knowing the soil conditions and planning accordingly.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops and perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked at the right time.
- Knowing the market conditions and staying up to date on it.
- Project Development - Support all aspects of project development including: variety evaluation and selection, growing cycle considerations, indoor vertical farm equipment selection and other infrastructure assessments, and other ad hoc responsibilities;
- Industry Knowledge - Keep abreast of industry trends and innovations in growing strategies
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery, to mitigate production issues.
- Ensuring all colleagues adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new employee members.
- Collaborating with senior colleagues to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Assisting the CEO to expand the business.
- Good references from past employers
B.Sc in Agriculture /B. in Agriculture –Horticulture (Confirm what degree is required)
At least seven years of experience in a similar role.
Key attributes of the successful person:
- Passionate about Roses
- Willing to be based fulltime and available for international travel as required
- Hands-on, energetic, and results oriented team player
- Excellent operational skills
- Strong attention to detail and data driven, ability to multi-task/ prioritise key responsibilities
- Confidence and presence to work with junior and senior members of the Jambo Roses team
- IT skills - ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), at a minimum
- The ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment
Offer and starting dates
- A competitive annual remuneration package
- Position start date: Position is open now, ideally targeting a start in Q3 2021(confirm)
This is a great opportunity for a General Manager who wants to inspire and lead a large team, while also having the knowledge and passion to plan and strategise the best methods to ensure the quality of Jambo Roses.
If you are interested in this position?
Please email send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org