- Key Account Manager | German Speaking | Aldi Süd
- International Operations and Research Manager Blueberries
- Teelt Planner - Beheerder containersysteem
- Operationeel Manager (MT-lid), USA
- Junior Product Manager - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Cultivation Manager - New Castle (PA) USA
- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- South Africa: CGA learns that state port authority is broke due to corruption
- Australia: Avocado prices plummet due to oversupply
- California strawberries start transition to Oxnard
- Auckland warehouse fire destroys 35,000 cartons of bananas
- Number of container ships waiting for berthing at Southern California ports reached record before falling slightly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Africa Export Sales Manager
Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
Location: South Africa or South African living abroad (work from home)
We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 8 divisions worldwide that handle fruits & vegetables across 65+ countries. Our company has been featured three times in the INC 5000’s annual list of fastest growing companies (2017 Inc 5000 #923, 2019 Inc 5000 #1587 & 2020 Inc 5000 #1899)!
When you join Terra Exports, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who are disrupting the global fresh produce industry. But working at Terra Exports is about more than being disrupters. It’s about having a say in and improving the process. We start at the ground level – literally – with the growth of the product at the farm level, and we manage the process all the way up through distribution channels, up to the end user, the consumer.
We pride ourselves on our products arriving fresh and damage free and we’re there every step of the way, working alongside our suppliers and customers who share in our common goal.
Watch our team video here: https://youtu.be/ArggXExh0EM
To expand our commercial team in Africa, we are currently looking for a sales manager with some procurement experience.
** IMPORTANT ** MINIMUM 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE IN THE FRUIT EXPORT INDUSTRY **
You must be a culture fit for our company, this is extremely important:
- Be self-motivated.
- Provide excellent service to growers, customers, and fellow team-members.
- Take quick-action!
- Be a team-player.
- Understand how important reputation is in this industry.
- Treat everyone with respect and empathy - don’t be an asshole!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- This is a true hustler's role! You will need to be in contact with your customers & growers: All. The. Time.
- Contact our growers & customers on a daily basis, to maintain an accurate understanding of their inventory, needs, and opportunities.
- Employ strong knowledge of key industry players, competitors and market dynamics.
- Implements strategic procurement plans to accommodate sales team goals.
- Supervise a designated group of commodities.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and seasonal sourcing opportunities.
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to enable successful sales of both spot and programmed business.
- Leverage effective business and professional relationships with strategic industry players.
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Other duties assigned as necessary; responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Definitely consider the following:
- While you will work from home, your ability to visit growers & packers, attend fruit shows, and visit our other Terra Exports divisions around the world is very important (covid-permitting, of course).
- You must have at least 1 year experience in the fruit & vegetable industry, ideally in a sales role.
- This is essentially a relationship role, so if you don’t enjoy people and negotiations, this position is not for you.
- While this position reports to the CEO and training will be provided, it is extremely important that you are self-motivated and do not require constant supervision or micro-managing.
- While we are very technology-oriented and use Whatsapp significantly companywide, talking on the phone every single day with growers & packers is exceptionally important.
- You must understand that in international trade the 9-to-5 mentality is merely an aspiration that rarely materializes. It’s important you are readily available when opportunity comes knocking.
- A competitive salary is offered, depending on experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com