- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Junior/Senior Agronomist for Italy and abroad
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Civil unrest brings Durban harbour and cold stores to a standstill
- South Africa: Citrus farms pull the brake on harvesting & packing as anarchy continues
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW AVOCADOS
- California drought causing multi-layered effects
- Corrugated box makers in trouble as Himachal government switches to plastic trays
Top 5 -last month
Grower - Oxnard (CA) USA
Southland Sod Farms Grower is responsible for collaboratively creating and leading the grow strategies in terms of plant health and maintenance and R&D. This role is also directly responsible for day-to-day management of implementation of Southland Sod Farms’ production overview including watering, fertilizing, pesticide applications, mowing, and delivering healthy turf.
Oversee production of 750+ Acre sod farm. Direct land preparation, pre-planting, fertilizing, seeding, netting, irrigation and all other activities related to the development, growth and sale of sod.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Directly responsible for ground preparation, planting, watering usage, mowing, fertilization, pesticide applications, harvest.
- Communicates all cultural or plant issues to the VP of Ops immediately.
- Directly responsible for the troubleshooting of crop issues and diagnosis of unknown health or damage problems.
- Directly responsible for maintaining records of crop activities and observations, including growth records to ensure the most effective data to produce the highest quality for each grass variety.
- Directly responsible for delegating and setting routines for all Foreman and growing and maintenance crews.
- Directly responsible for following growing schedules by determining schedules with VP of Ops
- Directly responsible for managing the training of foreman and crews of employees.
- Directly responsible for seed/fertilizer room and staff to ensure quality controls are in place. Seed is weighed and packaged correctly.
- Directly responsible for final outcomes of the quality in labor tasks
- Directly responsible for IPM schedules, application rates, treatments, and other responsibilities to ensure that all grass varieties are as healthy as possible to maximize harvest yield.
- Overseeing the Ranch Foreman’s schedules and Responsibilities. Working with to ensure production of grass and environment is optimum conditions.
- Working with growing crew and supervisors on grass health, scheduling timelines for production, overseeing SOPs and setting harvest schedules.
- Working with management on daily or weekly walk-throughs and meetings to make sure that production team and other Departments are updated and aligned.
- Oversees any R&D processes.
- Works well and effectively with fellow co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality of information that is meant to be confidential.
- Observe, see, hear and respond to directions given with effective outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Any other duties assigned by executive management, as applicable.
The Grower will be results driven, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines in a high-performance growing environment with unwavering ethical commitment and behavior. This person will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor. He or she will possess strong verbal and written communication skills and communicate effectively with multiple levels both internally and externally. A bachelor’s degree in plant science or biology is preferred along with 5+ years of experience in any relevant experience / plant/sod production
DEGREE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Crop Science or related field is preferred
- Extensive Agricultural experience is required
- Must have extensive experience working with irrigation & fertilization systems
- Agricultural Pest Control Advisors License
- Applications License or Qualified Applicators Certificate
- Valid Driver's License
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Preferred
COMMITENT & DEPENDABILITY
- Willingness to be an integral member of a successful team and provide leadership
- Dedication to provide the highest levels of service
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- Willingness to go above and beyond and to be flexible with schedule
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Dedicated to maintaining confidentiality in every aspect of the job
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, and use of hands.
- Frequently requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects or materials.
- Frequently stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round; in all types of weather
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Sit for short/ medium periods of time.
- Walk for long periods of time.
- Handle the responsibilities and routine stress often associated with this position.
- Work Schedule: 55-60 hours per week on a regular basis, 60+ hours per week occasionally to meet production deadlines
OTHER PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
TIME MANAGEMENT: Must plan up to five weeks in advance, depending upon the directive given by the VP of Ops.
STRESS MANAGEMENT: Periodic stress due to intermediate time deadlines and timely implementation of department particulars.
PUBLIC CONTACT: Effectively interact primarily with a broad range of people across many different arenas for the company.
RESPONSIBILITY: Work collaboratively with your supervisor in establishing, implementing, organizing, and evaluating an effective program.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION - A thorough pre-employment, post offer background investigation which may include inquiry into past employment, education, criminal background information, and driving record is required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Southland Sod Farms
2599 E. Hueneme Road
Oxnard, Ca 93033
Please send resume to: email@example.com